Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Last years' accident was nothing more than bad luck. I'm sure that this won't happen again, having that said; As much as like road/street courses, I prefer oval racing though. It's fast, close and dangerous. We already have a way too little amount of ovals, so I'm more than happy that the championship is going to be decided on a fast oval like this, with a 500 mile race under the lights. I would prefer to see the season finale on Las Vegas Motor Speedway but after last years' accident, I think that should wait a couple of years. Racing in common and especially a season finale is so much more exciting on an oval than on a road/street course. This is not F1 or Champ Car, this is the IndyCar Series!
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    Last years' accident was nothing more than bad luck. I'm sure that this won't happen again, having that said; As much as like road/street courses, I prefer oval racing though. It's fast, close and dangerous. We already have a way too little amount of ovals, so I'm more than happy that the championship is going to be decided on a fast oval like this, with a 500 mile race under the lights. I would prefer to see the season finale on Las Vegas Motor Speedway but after last years' accident, I think that should wait a couple of years. Racing in common and especially a season finale is so much more exciting on an oval than on a road/street course. This is not F1 or Champ Car, this is the IndyCar Series!
    Oh please, last year accident was not bad luck ,it was lunacy of spec packed racing created by idiots . Oval race is crapshoot to decide champion, in comparison to road and street when it comes to measure craft and skill of one driver. Very foolish to bring up F1, Indycar of yesterday to anything today, and many agree, because obviously no one is watching. There is no reason why Indycar should ever again race on the high banked ovals.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Gee, from the very few comments being posted here, there isn't much enthusiasm or excitement leading up to Saturday's race. Could it be that even diehard fans don't give a crap anymore? Sad.
    life is always a crisis, for without crisis, there would be no excitement to life.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Here's hoping for a safe race and an honest title fight. Sato for the race win! It'll happen one of these days.
    No longer active on this forum

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by booger
    Gee, from the very few comments being posted here, there isn't much enthusiasm or excitement leading up to Saturday's race. Could it be that even diehard fans don't give a crap anymore? Sad.
    including reporters and track personnel, 449 people in the stands for Wednesday's night action. A Curt Cavin wannabe counted.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Conway says, " no mas"

Mike Conway has asked to sit out the IndyCar season finale at Auto Club Speedway and will be replaced in Saturday night's race by Wade Cunningham.

Conway told AJ Foyt Racing he is not comfortable racing on ovals and no longer wishes to compete on them. Conway missed most of the 2010 season with injuries suffered in a serious accident at Indianapolis, and was in an accident there again this year.
    Mike Conway asks out of IndyCar race at Fontana

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Conway could easily have been killed at Indy this year, I'm not sure I'd be too happy either! If this is true then it may be the end of his IndyCar career though.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Game over for Conway.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 00steven
    Game over for Conway.
    Yeah im of the opinion teams want a driver for the whole season and not just the road courses. Best he can hope for now is super sub.

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    According to the drivers, the track will have to be driven. Thirteen years ago Fontana was the scene of a gruesome accident that claimed the life of immensely-talented CART star Greg Moore. There are bumps in the turns that are unsettling the cars. There have been at least two wrecks in testing, one involving the championship contender. My favorite driver (Mike Conway), who has had a few nasty oval wrecks himself and who was a beast for a while at Indy this year, could not get comfortable and opted to never race on an oval again.

How anyone can diminish the nature of the (oval) race just doesn't know what they are talking about.