Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Holding Rally Ireland in January or November didn't really do them any favours. Ideally, any time from May - July would be best.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1,490 Times in 851 Posts
    is there any chance we'll see Rally Australia back in Perth in years to come???
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    Highly doubtful that Perth will ever be back. The Coffs Harbour event has substantial government backing and the reason Perth was cancelled was due to no government funding. See how Coffs goes this year, it's a new event which is developing. Consecutive years will really be a big benefit.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am probably going to get eaten alive here by suggesting this, but why does France have essentially 2 rounds? All of Monte Carlo's stages are in France, and the start is in Valence. I understand Corsica had great historical value for the WRC but Alsace I'm not a fan of.

There are 2 rallies I'd like to see on the calendar, USA and Japan.

Rim of the World - Los Angeles, CA
    Have done some research into the region. The roads look amazing from videos, a bit rough, and narrow. The old Rim of the World was based in the Mountains north of Los Angeles. Great sweeping views of the city too, and great scope for stages within the city in Stadiums, reserves and parks. Also a very good service park available close to the stages and major linking highways in the Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena. Would be great exposure for the WRC. Far better option than Mexico.

"Initial D - Touge" Rally Japan
    Wouldn't be bad seeing a new Tarmac rally on the calendar, and one with distinct character. the twists of Gunma, the hazardous drains... The roads are around the far outskirts of Tokyo (1.5 hrs away) which also gives access to a high population base. Certainly preferred over China by me at the moment.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch555
    I am probably going to get eaten alive here by suggesting this, but why does France have essentially 2 rounds? All of Monte Carlo's stages are in France, and the start is in Valence. I understand Corsica had great historical value for the WRC but Alsace I'm not a fan of.

There are 2 rallies I'd like to see on the calendar, USA and Japan.

Rim of the World - Los Angeles, CA
    Have done some research into the region. The roads look amazing from videos, a bit rough, and narrow. The old Rim of the World was based in the Mountains north of Los Angeles. Great sweeping views of the city too, and great scope for stages within the city in Stadiums, reserves and parks. Also a very good service park available close to the stages and major linking highways in the Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena. Would be great exposure for the WRC. Far better option than Mexico.

"Initial D - Touge" Rally Japan
    Wouldn't be bad seeing a new Tarmac rally on the calendar, and one with distinct character. the twists of Gunma, the hazardous drains... The roads are around the far outskirts of Tokyo (1.5 hrs away) which also gives access to a high population base. Certainly preferred over China by me at the moment.

No it's been said before Mitch (cmon keep up) even les contibutuers Francais have said the French rally can go (if they can't return to Tour de Corse)
    Ok so Monte actually now starts in Gap but all the competitive mileage is in France. The ACM should have tried to do a deal with the Italian controlling body to get a day's use of Sanremo stages.
    Ok Japan has some motorsport history and marshalling of circuit racing experience, has to be a reason why the previous Rally Japan got dropped though?
    As for the States - clearly some great roads, but even as you outlined I think the local interest would be zip.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    Ok so Monte actually now starts in Gap but all the competitive mileage is in France.
    Gap is France too.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear
    Gap is France too.
    All stages are in France, Monaco hosts Service Park and Finish.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc1600
    All stages are in France, Monaco hosts Service Park and Finish.
    I know (I have my gite booked already for January). I was correcting Mitch's impression that the start was Valence (also in France )
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 213 Times in 107 Posts
    seriously, how do you want to do a rally run only in Monaco ? In fact, this is called GP de Monaco

But as I said before, I totally agree that Rally de France must disappear. No interest in WRC when important countries are missing, or when Acropolis leaves ...

Liked 1,490 Times in 851 Posts
    unless they put it back Tour de Course
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig