Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    wow Horner is spewing nonsense in the Sky interview,
    crying about Hamilton passing Vettel

just absurd talk
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    They are supposed to have clamped down on this behaviour... Vettel should have given the position back immediately and had another go instead... unless he knows he is immune from getting a penalty. Remembering Lewis/Kimi incident at Spa a few years ago and with Lewis getting a suspended penalty for gaining an advantage... lets hope for some consistancy from the Stewards.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I must admit that my mind went to the Kimi Spa incident but the difference there was that Lewis gave the position back but STILL got penalised.

As for Horner, what a tosser. The crap he spouted was pure rubbish. I'm glad that Herbert and Hill put it back to him and made him admit Lewis didn't break the rules.

I really have no time for this man any more. He's worse than ioan for bias.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    They are supposed to have clamped down on this behaviour... Vettel should have given the position back immediately and had another go instead... unless he knows he is immune from getting a penalty. Remembering Lewis/Kimi incident at Spa a few years ago and with Lewis getting a suspended penalty for gaining an advantage... lets hope for some consistancy from the Stewards.
    The rule only applies for short-cutting the track.

I can't think of a single instance of stewards clamping down on use of the outside of a corner to pass someone. So at least they're consistent, as much as I dislike run-off being used in that way.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    link please (c) valve
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel

I can't think of a single instance of stewards clamping down on use of the outside of a corner to pass someone. So at least they're consistent, as much as I dislike run-off being used in that way.
    There aren't too many corners like the Hockenheim hairpin.

I was impressed at how well Vettel hooked up when off the track. Maybe they could put a few buckets of sand out there rather than a clean racing surface.

My thought is that Vettel should've yielded the position to Button. He didn't so he should get a drive through or equivalent unfortunately.

I'm surprised that Vettel didn't get an instruction from his pit but he was a fair way in front wthin a couple of corners. Maybe that might save him.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyzars
    There aren't too many corners like the Hockenheim hairpin.

I was impressed at how well Vettel hooked up when off the track. Maybe they could put a few buckets of sand out there rather than a clean racing surface.

My thought is that Vettel should've yielded the position to Button. He didn't so he should get a drive through or equivalent unfortunately.

I'm surprised that Vettel didn't get an instruction from his pit but he was a fair way in front wthin a couple of corners. Maybe that might save him.
    just remembered that Alonso got a penalty for passing Kubica off track in Silverstone 2 years ago

so what is the hold up with the stewards?
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyzars
    Maybe they could put a few buckets of sand out there rather than a clean racing surface.
    There should be either sand/gravel traps or a penalty for going wide off the track as it is for short-cutting.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    IMHO Vettel deliberately took a wide line to gain speed and so make the pass. It was pre-planned, not a response to anything Button did. To claim, as Vettel did, that he only went wide because he didn't know where Button was patently rubbish.

Seb should have given the place back immediately, but as he didn't the stewards need to demote him to third. If they don't then what it the point in the rules of defining the track limits with white lines?
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    The replay showed Button still had the lead (just) as Vettel went for the run off. he chose not to yield insted, to drive fully off track to pass
    If that's the case , then I don't think they will have any choice , but to reverse positions at least .

It will be all about the very last moment they deem that Sebastian was on the track surface .