Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    ...that is putting a brave face on things without hiding behind shades.
    My point about the watches is that Hamilton is by no means unique in wearing shades or a watch when meeting the press. It's about product placement not "hiding".
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    My point about the watches is that Hamilton is by no means unique in wearing shades or a watch when meeting the press. It's about product placement not "hiding".
    It's more than a coincidence he's wearing shades that when he has to face the media when audibly noticeable via muttering, grovelling half heartedly to the media because McLaren has told him to go out there and face the world.

He should grow up, grow a pair of balls instead of - in my eyes at least - sulking like a spoilt brat. I'd rather see a man face the media with conviction, with a screwed up face and the intensity in the eyes of a competitor who enjoys winning and hates losing.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    It's more than a coincidence he's wearing shades that when he has to face the media when audibly noticeable via muttering, grovelling half heartedly to the media because McLaren has told him to go out there and face the world.
    I don't believe it is, and McLaren do not "tell him to go out there", there is a set schedule of media interviews that all drivers have to attend throughout the weekend which are determined by the FIA. Drivers can be fined for not attending.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kimi always has shades on, at least on Finnish TV. I would too if I were him or Hamilton.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    He should grow up, grow a pair of balls instead of - in my eyes at least - sulking like a spoilt brat.
    Difficult. As you see, no matter what he does, he is never to blame. He crashes into other people, he was "ballsy", he trolls people who lap him, he was "racy", he blames McLaren for everything, "he exists to win" and so on, and so on. And McLaren always defend him, because he is the favored kid of Ron Dennis. As I said, I have huge respect to his talent and can't help but admire his enthusiasm to the sport - you see the video in which he drivers Senna's car and can not not like him - but I don't buy the stuff that he is the best and perfect etc. He is a very good driver, one of the best and this is no small feat. However he is too arrogant and sometimes really acts like a spoilt brat. Vettel was like this in 2010 and sometimes acts stupid too, but IMO not to such degree.
    Formula 1

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    I don't believe it is, and McLaren do not "tell him to go out there", there is a set schedule of media interviews that all drivers have to attend throughout the weekend which are determined by the FIA. Drivers can be fined for not attending.
    True, but it seems rather obvious that Hamilton had to put a spin on his race by McLaren and doesn't particularly like that restraint.

Valencia this year and obviously Monaco last year.

Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Difficult. As you see, no matter what he does, he is never to blame. He crashes into other people, he was "ballsy", he trolls people who lap him, he was "racy", he blames McLaren for everything, "he exists to win" and so on, and so on. And McLaren always defend him, because he is the favored kid of Ron Dennis. As I said, I have huge respect to his talent and can't help but admire his enthusiasm to the sport - you see the video in which he drivers Senna's car and can not not like him - but I don't buy the stuff that he is the best and perfect etc. He is a very good driver, one of the best and this is no small feat. However he is too arrogant and sometimes really acts like a spoilt brat. Vettel was like this in 2010 and sometimes acts stupid too, but IMO not to such degree.
    He called Hamilton "stupid" for overtaking him.

And similarly about Karthikeyan in Malaysia too.

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Hamilton is a seasoned pro compared to Vettel (which isn't a glowing endorsement by any means), and he would be untouchable in that car. He needs a change of scenery, and I think Alonso and him ought to continue their mutual admiration gig at Ferrari. If Alonso won this year he and The Boss would have a freakin' ball up in the Scuderia. Regardless of which one came out on top it would give a whole new meaning to
    "The Players Ball"... imp: Church !!
    PLAYERS BALL WASHINGTON DC - YouTube
    May the forza be with you

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Well, he said earlier this week that he exists to win and obviously is not interested in anything else. Now I hope that you can understand why I can't stand the guy, although I admire his talent and respect his achievements in the sport.
    Already the great late Senna said he was designed to win, not to come second or third. An admirable characteristics I would say.

As for wanting to retire, MS did the same at Monaco in 1998. Frustration gets the better of even such greats at times.

my driver of the race : Kimi. Many overtakings and clean as always. He is just perfect in wheel to wheel situations, in that, he very rarely crashes in such occasions.
    Alonso was very good too obviously.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Garry, I have enormous respect for Senna, but I do not admire such arrogance. I always liked the way Michael talks in interviews. Even in 2004 he never said that he is best of the best, that he exists to win etc. He even told the journos to keep an eye on Jenson! Or Fernando - he always races for points, collects them calmly and in the end tries to win what is possible. He also sounds quite humble in his interviews. Even Vettel, who is a bit of a joker boy did not speak rubbish about his greatness last year. But I suppose that other fans may like other things in drivers...
    Formula 1

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Kimi for me, the best driver this race. He nearly drove as it was 2005 again.

Part of why Lewis act as he do towards media and other people is perhaps that he envy the likes of MS and Seb. They hold the records who never can be beaten of Lewis. This frustates him as he thinks that it is his god giving right to be on top in all record books.