Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Breaking News:Allmendinger Failed Drug Test

Allmendinger suspended for failing drug test: NASCAR announced 90 minutes before the race that #22-A.J. Allmendinger has failed a random drug test and has been "temporarily" suspended. He was randomly selected and tested following the Kentucky race and his "A" sample tested positive. He has the right to request that NASCAR test his "B" sample. Should he refuse to have the "B" sample tested, or if that test is positive, the suspension will become indefinite. Sam Hornish will replace him in the #22 at Daytona.(7-7-2012)
    Official Announcement: Driver AJ Allmendinger has been temporarily suspended from NASCAR competition based upon notification of a positive "A" test NASCAR received from the Medical Review Officer as stated in Section 19-11B (6,7) of the NASCAR Substance Abuse Policy. Pursuant to the rule book, Allmendinger has the opportunity to request within the next 72 hours that his "B" sample be tested. NASCAR will follow its policies and procedures set forth in the rule book in dealing with this matter.(NASCAR)(7-7-2012)
    Jayski's® NASCAR Silly Season Site - NASCAR Sprint Cup News Page

Hornish to drive the 22 if he can make it back to Daytona in time
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Not good. I've been a Dinger fan since his Champcar days, quite disappointed right now.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Me too.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Don't get to bummed until the 'B' sample gets tested. There can be/are false positives.

If the 'B' sample does come up positive, then you can be bummed.
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Who saw this coming? I sure didn't.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    I agree with Nem, I'll wait for the B sample before I jump to conclusions.
    I worked for a company that had quite a few positive resuilts when it first introduced drug testing. I NEVER saw a B test give a different result that the A test. The labs these days are very good and very rarely make mistakes.

The key elements are the drug found, the level, and the response from Dinger. Like most sports, the drugs tested and the levels are pretty strict (as they should be). Seeing anything other than small amounts of restricted prescription drugs after a race when the test was given is a very serious issue. How Dinger handles this will say a lot about him as a person.

I am sure this will be a big story over the next few days and the full story will come out. But it is a sure way to kill a career.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Obviously it doesn't look good. However, I agree with most, we need to let it evolve and see if additional info surfaces that would negate the test results. I am really dissapointed if the tests prove that AJ is taking illegal drugs as defined by Nascar..
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    DUI a few years ago and now this, what an idiot.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    He wouldn't have to sit out a race if there was nothing to it.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm quite disappointed with A.J., I've been a fan of his since he started NASCAR. He won the Rolex 24-hour race just this year and was in a positive place among the fans, and came close to taking his maiden win in NASCAR not too long ago. I really hope he can find his way out of this one, or all of that is going to change.
    :champion: 1990 BTCC-CHAMPION w/ 207 points and 9 race wins :burnout:
    :champion: 1997 BTCC-Total Cup for Privateer's CHAMPION :burnout: