Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Owners Vote Out Aero Kits For 2013

INDYCAR: Owners Reject Aero Kits Again

Color me shocked.................not. When they announced last year no aero kits for 2012, I doubted we would see them this year. You could see this coming with the recent information on how much more the teams are paying versus how much they were told they would pay for the new car. Hard to be mad at the owners though, their actual cost of the new car is way over budget.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DBell
    INDYCAR: Owners Reject Aero Kits Again

Color me shocked.................not. When they announced last year no aero kits for 2012, I doubted we would see them this year. You could see this coming with the recent information on how much more the teams are paying versus how much they were told they would pay for the new car. Hard to be mad at the owners though, their actual cost of the new car is way over budget.
    Ok Owners, much of my interest was new car and new tech and developement. I was looking farward to next year creations, but now I will think twice before buying a ticket for the race, at least we know who is in control.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Tired of spec, nice job owners.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    Ok Owners, much of my interest was new car and new tech and developement. I was looking farward to next year creations, but now I will think twice before buying a ticket for the race, at least we know who is in control.
    It's their money on the line at the end of the day, and cash is king, especially in the current climate. I'd like to see more variation and development, but if there's no market at the moment, then there's no market.
    No longer active on this forum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hornet
    It's their money on the line at the end of the day, and cash is king, especially in the current climate. I'd like to see more variation and development, but if there's no market at the moment, then there's no market.
    Agree, cash is the king and current climate is making me stay home and take care of my money.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'd agree with the owners. For me, IndyCar racing is about the driver winning with the most racing talent, and not the one with the best car. Everyone the same chassis, that's how it is now and that's how it will be in the future. If you want to watch a sport were everyone has different cars, go watching Formula One.

Also, this new car is already way over the budget of the car owners, and aero kits will make this new car even more over the budget than it currently is... Think twice before being disappointed with the owners' opinion about the aero kits because they have to spend money for the aero kits and not we, the fans...

*Awaiting a bunch of negative comments about what I said above. *
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    If you want to watch a sport were everyone has different cars, go watching Formula One.
    Good idea, I'll do that!
    Don't waste your time having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Think twice before being disappointed with the owners' opinion about the aero kits because they have to spend money for the aero kits and not we, the fans...

Yeap, that is why my money and I will stay home and watch Indylights on you tube. F1 is a great idea thanks!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can understand the teams' position here - there doesn't seem to be a lot of money floating around at the moment, and given that the base chassis is way over budget I can see them not wanting to spend more. Also, I don't really want other teams to end up like HVM have because of their engine. And I'm not sure that the Honda-Chevy power struggle is really doing the sport any favours. Maybe if things are looking better in a year or two then rethink this, but for now I'd rather it if cars didn't drop off the grid.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    When the owners signed on to the new car they new the Aero kits were part of the deal. But they were also promised a low price for the chassis as well. As much as I want the aero kits I also understand why the owners would want to cut cost now. I am sure there are more than one or 2 teams that couldn't swallow the extra expense