Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    I've heard it's John Barnes ..

I say keep randy fire Barnes
    Barnes is the most likely candidate. He is probably still upset about being fined for his twitter remarks - acting like a spoiled child.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For too long Chevy has suffered under RB! And by "too long," I mean it hasn't happened yet.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by methanolHuffer
    So correct me if I'm wrong:

Chevy team(s) are miffed that Honda was allowed to develop a better turbo (after they went in with an inferior set-up, I assume)? I can kind of see that might be a valid complaint. Why can't Chevrolet do more development? Indycar should at least give them something. Of course there shouldn't be a tech war so soon, but give Chevy teams a little something to pacify them. Like children need to be.

Getting rid of Randy would NOT be an acceptable move. Chevy teams feel slighted so they scream and cry like children? I kind of get the feeling that team owners - all team owners - get to their position in life by being fussy. Never give a quarter BUT expect one in return.

I swear, don't they even care that they make themselves and their teams look pathetic for being so childish? Will they think that race fans can look at a Chevy logo and not think of this situation that they are trying to create?
    To get the whole deal on the "TurboGate" controversy, you can google it, but from my memory it goes something like this...

In a meeting before the season started, all parties agreed if there wasn't parity in the turbos the manufacturer that was at a disadvantage could make some changes. The thing was that they had lost the meeting minutes of the meeting so it wasn't "officially" a rule. Chevy people said if it isn't an official rule, then Honda should not be allowed to make the changes. They brought someone in to hear the case and it was determined that Honda could make the changes they wanted. This was not a redesign of the turbo and no additional horsepower was granted. I believe it was the compressor cover or something that was an aero change to the initial spec. It was not engine development and Indycar did the right thing and did not allow Lotus to change their engine specs to compete at Indy.

It seems to me that it was nitpicking on the part of Chevy owners (and poor sportsmanship to boot) to challenge and then appeal the decision. It speaks loudly to exactly what Miller is saying about the good of the series vs the good of the owners.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote="numanoid"]Robin Miller posted an article that sheds a little light on things as well as look over RB's wins and areas for improvement.

I knew it was tg and old club of losers the moment Ed responded with out provocation. Day that tg comes back I'm done with Indycar for good, and I'm sure there is many fans like me who couldn't take this garbage one more time. Idiots, they should be embracing and celebrating great season to date, but no they want to descurige fans like me to come back and buy the tickets
    and help make Indycar great again. Disgusting!
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hmph. I really hope that this doesn't happen.
    Personally I don't see what was wrong with a spec series, though I do see why the chassis needed to be changed. And I'm not at all supportive of these weird fines that seem to get handed out to teams every now and then, when drivers that cause collisions generally get off without penalty. Having to be bailed out by Andretti for a couple of the tracks is not ideal either. But I think in general that Bernard's done a much better job than his predecessors in a short amount of time, and the move to oust him just because he wanted to try to ensure something approaching engine parity instead of having Power win every single race is really pathetic.
    IndyCar's had some tough times recently and it could really do without this. Didn't the teams used to help each other instead of suing each other? That's the one bit of F1 that I'd rather the IRL didn't incorporate!

Also, I'd hate to have George back in charge considering that he caused most of the series' problems in the first place.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Interesting all the hatred directed towards Tony George when if it wasn't for him there would be no IndyCar Series

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's a dumb post
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    Today is much better than the last 10 - 15 years and is looking up for sure.
    Is it?

Apparently some who have an actual financial stake don't agree with you!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Interesting all the hatred directed towards Tony George when if it wasn't for him there would be no IndyCar Series
    If not for the merger, I don't think there would be an open wheel series in America. It's clear the current Indycar series draws inspiration from CART and the old IRL guys like TG and John Barnes don't like that.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12