Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    Shakedown on wednesday..
    Don't really get why though..they should have enough time to run the QS on thursday morning, before the ceremonial start in Llandudno at night.

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Hmm, a shame the North Wales stages have been dropped. I think the organisers hands were forced, sadly. And as for the Manufacturers being happy, well that means nothing, especially as they moaned about last years event, and about Builth Wells. They are completely out of touch.

However, Celtic Manor, venue of last years Wales Ryder Cup, is a welcome addition, though I'm not sure about the Power stage; designed for LiveTV....yet none this year have been.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 661 Times in 320 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Hmm, a shame the North Wales stages have been dropped. I think the organisers hands were forced, sadly. And as for the Manufacturers being happy, well that means nothing, especially as they moaned about last years event, and about Builth Wells. They are completely out of touch.

However, Celtic Manor, venue of last years Wales Ryder Cup, is a welcome addition, though I'm not sure about the Power stage; designed for LiveTV....yet none this year have been.
    Seems a waste to head all the way to North Wales just for a ceremonial start. Great Orme gave some great pictures last year (and Ogier's brain fade). It's a long way back to the Service park! I guess that was the only way to lever some money out of the Welsh Government, even if it is less. Got to take what's offered!

Portugal Power Stage was done Live, just only for domestic TV, not international.

MJW
    I would thought that Ralio will cover the power stage. (UK audience only)

Liked 661 Times in 320 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    I would thought that Ralio will cover the power stage. (UK audience only)
    Would they have the budget for something like that?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I liked the that area of North Wales, Llandudno reminded me of the small beach towns around here in Florida. The Conwy Castle looked awesome at night. I enjoyed spectating the Great Orme stage and meeting some of the other spectators. The weather was perfect for that stage. It's well worth heading up there, at least once but like others have mentioned, it is a long way to go just for the ceremonial start.

MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend
    Would they have the budget for something like that?!
    I would think so, Ralio usually push the boat out for Rally GB. Its not as if its a long stage, power stage that is. BBC Wales did the very first rallysprint in 1975 at Esgair Dafydd, and if they could film a 3 mile stage back in 1975 when TV camera were huge imaging what can be done today with GoPro's etc.

Liked 9,374 Times in 4,987 Posts
    The 2012 Wales Rally GB will take place from 13-16 September and will be the 10th round of the 2012 FIA World Rally Championship.

As one of the UK's leading sporting events, Wales Rally GB boasts an unrivalled history and legacy attracting the world's elite rally drivers who will descend on Wales for this legendary sporting encounter at this earlier time of year.

From the northern coastline of Conwy to the forests of mid-Wales and the city of Cardiff, stunning locations throughout Wales will provide a breath-taking backdrop to this year's Wales Rally GB.

An opening ceremony will take place on Thursday, 13th September 2012, with competitive mileage beginning on Friday, 14th September. Rally cars and their drivers will weave their way south on stages taking place Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with the winner being crowned on Sunday, 16th September 2012.

Detailed route information as well as ticketing information including how and where to buy tickets and delivery of tickets etc will be announced in mid-Spring.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Don't you just love PR speak....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tweet, Max Rally@maxrally Sunderland tipped for Rally GB base. Anyone else heard more?