Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And...

Having thought about it, I see this as a defining moment for the new Indycar. These are the rules; come and play! To do an about face -- to waffle -- would be unreservedly weak-kneed in my opinion.

Chevrolet should suck it up for the time being and as for what I believe, if Chevy can't get it right they won't be hanging around too long no matter what the rules are.
    Who, What, When, Where, Why -- http://champcarstats.com/

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    HOLY SNIPE SNOUTS! Lotus wasn't a complete dirtbag of a factory to skip the test?!?! Now those guys regret it? Complete craziness, absurd...
    It's probably a move by Chevy to best position the teams for Indy and the engine update afterwards I'd guess...

If they ease the engine limits now what double standards does that present for new engine companies in 2013(if there are any)?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbles
    Having thought about it, I see this as a defining moment for the new Indycar. These are the rules; come and play! To do an about face -- to waffle -- would be unreservedly weak-kneed in my opinion.

Chevrolet should suck it up for the time being and as for what I believe, if Chevy can't get it right they won't be hanging around too long no matter what the rules are.
    I do think IndyCar should consider consider suspending the mileage rule, though I think they should do this well before a race weekend so everyone would know the score going in. I don't think they should wave it during the weekend of a race. So if they let Chevy off this weekend and don't penalize them, I agree that would be a mistake.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's a stupid rule that penalizes the teams not the engine manufacturers. The rule as I understand it was to insure that the engines lasted x number of miles. OK, I get that. But change the penalty to affect the folks building the engines, not the folks using the SEALED engines over which they have NO control.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll be there Friday and Saturday. Hopefully I can get some good pics to share. I hope there's free wi-fi at the convention center. I posted pics before and Autosport published one I took of Paul Tracy racing a CORR truck. And I took the pics of the IndyCars featured on the banners of this forum. =)
    \"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    It's a stupid rule that penalizes the teams not the engine manufacturers. The rule as I understand it was to insure that the engines lasted x number of miles. OK, I get that. But change the penalty to affect the folks building the engines, not the folks using the SEALED engines over which they have NO control.

Gary
    Penalty on builders would affect teams anyway. I believe rules are rules and needs to be implemented, but rules for next season should be changed to five spots as ten is little bit harsh in my opinion. This weekend race sure will be interesting.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    Penalty on builders would affect teams anyway. I believe rules are rules and needs to be implemented, but rules for next season should be changed to five spots as ten is little bit harsh in my opinion. This weekend race sure will be interesting.
    Sorry but I disagree. First, the drivers are the ones suffering the penalty as it is now implemented. Plain and simple that is STUPID. Second I think Indy car needs to admit a mea culpa on this and say they really hadn't thought through the impact of the rule, given the fact that these are brand new engine designs and there are bound to be teething issues with them. Issues that the drivers should not be penalized for.

I am not sure I understand how a penalty on the engine builders will penalize the teams and drivers? Rules are rule, stupid rules are stupid rules. One should be enforced, the other should be eliminated when the folly they represent is exposed.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Sorry but I disagree. First, the drivers are the ones suffering the penalty as it is now implemented. Plain and simple that is STUPID. Second I think Indy car needs to admit a mea culpa on this and say they really hadn't thought through the impact of the rule, given the fact that these are brand new engine designs and there are bound to be teething issues with them. Issues that the drivers should not be penalized for.

I am not sure I understand how a penalty on the engine builders will penalize the teams and drivers? Rules are rule, stupid rules are stupid rules. One should be enforced, the other should be eliminated when the folly they represent is exposed.

Gary
    Agree with you that rules are stupid, more than stupid, but not enforcing the rules would be damage to credability of the series. Remember turbo pup off valve fiasco with Honda and Toyota.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Weather update: It is raining like a mo fo here in so cal all day Friday. Forecast call for rain Sat Am possibly clearing in afternoon. Sunday is expected to be sunny and warmer... mid 60's probably. It looks like practice and qualifying will be in the rain while the race will be sunny and dry. As a result we are likely to see a "Topsy turvey" field whereby the good rain setup drivers qualify higher and the good dry track drivers start behind but in their more favorable condition. Where as Barber went true to form (heck even I picked the 1-2-3 finishers), this weeks "pick ems" will be a tough draw ...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree 10 place penalty is harsh, think 5 would be more reasonable, however what concerns me, this makes qualifying difficult as even if the guy who goes fastest ends up being dropped to 10th i can understand, when the whole top ten gets dropped and 11th ends up on pole its a bit wierd. I think this is gonna cause a pile up first corner first lap......lets see how this pans out?
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......