Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I don't know why are you so angry, I kinda liked the coverage.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat

Good for you then. We all have our standards on what we like to see and hear.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    What coverage did you listen to? The one with Marty and Scott?

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm used to listen to the insanely awful dutch commentary during F1 races and when they do broadcast IndyCar, the commentary is even worser than it already is during F1 races. This means that I'm glad, I could watch the race via an ABC livestream to be honest. Scott Goodyear and Marty Reid are just superb, compared to the dutch commentators..
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    I'm used to listen to the insanely awful dutch commentary during F1 races and when they do broadcast IndyCar, the commentary is even worser than it already is during F1 races. This means that I'm glad, I could watch the race via an ABC livestream to be honest. Scott Goodyear and Marty Reid are just superb, compared to the dutch commentators..
    YIKES! That's a scary thought!

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    Holly cow H3, are you sure the Dutch commentators are breathing? Maybe the issue is they are actually dead. That's the only thing I can think of that would make Goodyear and Reid superb by comparison.

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DBell
    Holly cow H3, are you sure the Dutch commentators are breathing? Maybe the issue is they are actually dead. That's the only thing I can think of that would make Goodyear and Reid superb by comparison.
    The problem with Dutch commentators is not that they are dead, because the excitement is there. In The Netherlands there isn't a culture of co-commentating. At sporting matches there is just one commentator and that commentator is not allowed to shut up for one second. So that one guy babbles on and on and on. And something that really pisses me off is that the commentators are allowed to have favourites. It's like the all-Danica-all-the-time-show EVERY SPORTING EVENT.
    Luckily we can receive Belgian, German and British TV for some decent sportscovering.

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    How about Parker Johnstone or Tommy Kendall? While they may not have the same oval chops as Goodyear at least they both can project an image that is light years better than Goodyear. He's like listening to fingerails on a blackboard.

Gary
    It appears to me like ABC/ESPN wants something more from a commentator than just being able to tell commentate well. This completely mystifies me, but I cannot explain it otherwise. Remember that dreadful pitreporter a few years ago, Brienne Pedigro or something?? I presume that for the driver-analist they are looking for someone famous and accomplished rather than a good commentator.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    It appears to me like ABC/ESPN wants something more from a commentator than just being able to tell commentate well. This completely mystifies me, but I cannot explain it otherwise. Remember that dreadful pitreporter a few years ago, Brienne Pedigro or something?? I presume that for the driver-analist they are looking for someone famous and accomplished rather than a good commentator.
    Yep, and that logic escapes me.

Gary

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    What coverage did you listen to? The one with Marty and Scott?

Gary
    The ABC one, I found it to be OK. Not as good as the BBC commentaries of F1 or as Ben Edwards commentating the BTCC (the best guy IMO), but in our local stations I have heard horrid commentators, biased and repetitive. And the Eurosport guy commenting motorsports in English... I dunno why, but I can't stand him
    Formula 1