Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. decreased urine flow difficulty urinating Clinical trials, sponsored primarily by the manufacturer, Passion Rx, Prostate Power Rx, or natural sex herbs could potentially be helpful in some men in reversing some of these Avodart related sexual side effects. Discuss with your doctor if these natural supplements are suited for you. It was even painful to try and take a full breath of air as my rib area felt tight and sore as my lungs expanded. Problem is – this is still the case today - 2 + months later.In addition to this, while my training for the marathon went extremely well early, I have developed pain in my leg and knees. I have been on Avodart for six months. Since that time my father has reported some slight improvement, with reduced joint pain, and he has required less frequent oral pain medication. He takes no other prescription medications except Timoptic (ophthalmic) for glaucoma and is otherwise healthy. I need to reduce the size of my prostate, but this aching is definitely affecting my body and my general wellness. Can you tell me of another similar drug that is compatible to Avodart or if the drug is avaliable in lower doses. A. We have not heard of this potential Avodart side effect before. avodart vs flomax A. Herbs are not as potent as drugs. This urologist said I was above average in urine flow and not to worry if I stay on the Avodart. Q. I am an emergency physician that has used Proscar to prevent further hair loss for a number of years. A. Your physician should periodically assess your prostate size. It is possible that the dosage or frequency of use may be reduced depending on your symptoms. After just a few days of taking 0.5 mg of this med I started to hurt terrible in my shoulder and neck muscles. I have had fibromyalgia for over 8 yrs. and never has my shoulder and neck muscles hurt this bad. I have stopped taking this medication to see if this drug was the culprit.