Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    I used to be a massive WRC fan but then they dicked around with scheduling / channels / pay-per-yawn. Now I only watch Jari-Matti's accidents on youtube, couldn't even tell you where to find any actual TV broadcasts.
    I just hope that this isn't the start of the slippery slope for F1 too, but for now the enthusiasm is still there and for anyone living in Brum, I gather the Aprés Bar will be opening early for showing the race live.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm very impressed with Sky's red button coverage so far: world feed, 2 onboards and live timing. Fantastic on a big screen.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Woke up at 1am and decided to stay in bed & watch FP1 on the iPad. Must say the updated SkySports app was excellent. Can't say the same for my ability to stay awake

Watched the latter stages of FP2 on tv and again was very impressed with Sky and their red button coverage. Multi-screen, tweet feed, highlights. Not sure if you could ask for anymore. Well...HD, but that's my fault for not getting it sorted in time.

Will watch re-runs later by so far so good from Sky. Ok, the ads are a bit of a pain having got used to life without them on the BBC, and the reminders about how you can get F1 on tv, laptop, iPad etc gets a bit repetitive, but still minor complaints in the grand scheme of things.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Watched the latter stages of FP2 on tv and again was very impressed with Sky and their red button coverage. Multi-screen, tweet feed, highlights. Not sure if you could ask for anymore. Well...HD, but that's my fault for not getting it sorted in time.

Will watch re-runs later by so far so good from Sky. Ok, the ads are a bit of a pain having got used to life without them on the BBC, and the reminders about how you can get F1 on tv, laptop, iPad etc gets a bit repetitive, but still minor complaints in the grand scheme of things.
    Me too, never thought I'd see myself just watching a practice session but they made it interesting and enjoyable... I'm really looking forwards to this weekend, six world champions on the grid, potentially a much closer field than in previous years and maybe with a few surprises on the cards, Force India and Mercedes are looking surprisingly good.

All very good coverage so far SKY..
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    Me too, never thought I'd see myself just watching a practice session but they made it interesting and enjoyable...
    Personally I didn't think the practice session much better than what the BBC used to do... it was even the same commentary team Sky have cameras in the pit lane for practice which gives them a bit more to show when there are no cars on track, but they also have adverts. Swings and roundabouts.

When Ant was talking about how Buemi and Alguesuari had failed to achieve their hopes of taking Vettel's or Webber's seat, I thought they missed a golden opportunity to comment about Alguesuari taking Ant Davidson's seat instead

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Couldn't be bothered reading through the thread and don't know if anyone has posted it yet but anyone with an iPad whom doesn't have Sky Sports F1 HD might want to check out the app for the iPad:

Sky Sports for iPad 2.0 launches with live TV streaming, F1 Race Control companion -- Engadget

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    Couldn't be bothered reading through the thread and don't know if anyone has posted it yet but anyone with an iPad whom doesn't have Sky Sports F1 HD might want to check out the app for the iPad:

Sky Sports for iPad 2.0 launches with live TV streaming, F1 Race Control companion -- Engadget
    Was using it as an alternative to getting out of bed at 1am this morning and was very impressed. The only thing, as I discovered during FP2 when I was slightly more awake was that the app coverage lags approx 20sec behind the tv coverage.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    watched it earlier- thought it was fine- not too different from the red button coverage last year except that it was in HD and I can Sky Plus it.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Was using it as an alternative to getting out of bed at 1am this morning and was very impressed. The only thing, as I discovered during FP2 when I was slightly more awake was that the app coverage lags approx 20sec behind the tv coverage.
    Not much that can be done about that with Streaming unfortunately. It's never going to be as fast as the live coverage... at least, not for a long time to come.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Impressed with Sky so far. The Sky Sports app for iPad and its F1 section are very cool indeed.