Page 6 of 76 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Liked 73 Times in 38 Posts
    The press release of Vomero Racing team, you will learn that Angrisani-Polliccino the start of the Rally Sardinia, Italy, in a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X.
    Very likely the presence of the crew of Campania, including the Rally of Spain.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Unfortunately Rally Travel, Rally Travels and Rally Sport have all confirmed they will not be doing guided tours this year. I have already booked my flights from Australia, but I do not want to do a self guided tour driving by myself. Does anyone know of any company doing guided tours this year? Secondly, I know it is a long shot, but is anyone doing a self guided tour who has a spare seat (happy to split costs)?

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiny
    Unfortunately Rally Travel, Rally Travels and Rally Sport have all confirmed they will not be doing guided tours this year. I have already booked my flights from Australia, but I do not want to do a self guided tour driving by myself. Does anyone know of any company doing guided tours this year? Secondly, I know it is a long shot, but is anyone doing a self guided tour who has a spare seat (happy to split costs)?
    Book an accomondation, rent a car, and take a good map. Maybe it will be not more expensive than to pay to a company and you will enjoy to self discover the island.

Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts
    Big Big update and change road program for Rally Italia Sardegna 2012

Look new itinerary & timetable Programme du Rallye Wrc d'Italie-Sardaigne 2012

Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts
    Finland was the shortest 303k
    Saison WRC 2012

MC 433k
    Swe 349k
    Mex 407k
    Por 434k
    Arg 502k
    Gre 409k
    NZ 413k
    Fin 303k
    Deu 368k
    GB 324k
    Fra 404k
    Ita 306k
    Spa 405k

16/08/2012 - Olbia 16th August 2012 - With the publication of the Supplementary Regulations and the opening of entries, Rally Italia Sardegna 2012 - the Italian round of the FIA World Rally Championship, organised by the Automobile Club d'Italia with the support of the Regione Autonoma della Sardegna, which will take place from 18 to 21 October - starts its engines looking ahead to the upcoming competition
    The main changes are the four-day itinerary, the remote service in Sassari and the return of the finish
    ramp and Prize Giving to Porto Cervo. Compared to the first itinerary issued, there's a decrease in
    the total competitive kilometres staged, totalling 306km instead of the 360km initially scheduled. This
    cut was made with an aim of reducing costs for competitors as Rally Italia Sardegna will be the
    penultimate event of the World Rally Championship. On the other hand, the number of Special
    Stages remains unchanged, with 16 competitive stages but with a different distribution compared to
    the first version of the itinerary. Simply put, Rally Italia Sardegna 2012 - despite a slightly shorter
    itinerary - will maintain all its characteristics of difficulty and endurance which made this rally one of
    the most technical challenges on the WRC calendar.

The main itinerary changes concern the last day of competition on Sunday 21st October, which will
    only feature two runs through the 8.24km Gallura Special Stage and not the previously announced
    50km Monte Olia-Terranova stage. Otherwise only small touches have been made to the itinerary,
    for example on the first day of the rally on Thursday, which will see the 28.14km Terranova stage
    run twice instead of the 50km Monte Olia-Terranova.

The rally will begin with a brand new 3km Qualifying Stage in Telti on Thursday 18th October. This
    stage offers an ideal terrain for the P1 and P2 drivers QS, kicking off at 11.05. The competition will
    start in earnest on the same day at 15.00, when the cars leave the Isola Bianca Service Park in Olbia
    and - after going through the city's main street Corso Umberto I at 15.12 - they head to the first
    section of the event, now marked by two runs through the Terranova stage, located in the Monte
    Olia and Terranova forester yards, covering a combined stage distance of 56.28km.
    The 29.68km Monte Lerno stage will open the day on Friday 19th October. This stage includes the
    famous 'Micky's Jump' which a Rally Italia Sardegna calling card from both a sporting and media point
    of view. Monte Lerno will be immediately followed by the brand new Tergu-Osilo test, which will be
    used for the first time in the WRC - a historical, beautiful and fast 14.88km Special Stage - used in the
    golden era of the Costa Smeralda rally. The route then heads to another new stage, the 14km
    Castelsardo. The rally will cover a total of 117.36km on Friday and the competitors will visit the
    Remote Service Park in Sassari's Piazza Antonio Segni three times.

On Saturday 20th October the rally will be based in the well-known Monte Acuto area, covering
    115.92km. The itinerary includes the classic Coiluna (29,50 km) - with the Crastazza jump - the
    partially new Monti di Alŕ (14,49 km) and the Monte Olia (14,12 km) stages.

The last day of the rally on Sunday 21st October - which will cover 16.48km - features two runs
    through the Gallura stage, the first one at 9.20 and the Power Stage run at 11.00. The finish will be
    on Sunday at 12.45 at the Marina Vecchia in Porto Cervo.

With the publication of the Supplementary Regulations the entries for Rally Italia Sardegna also
    officially open and they will close on Tuesday 18th September for the WRC competitors and on
    Tuesday 2nd October for others competitors.

Click on the following link to download the maps and itinerary for Rally Italia Sardegna 2012:
    2012 Rally d'Italia Sardegna | 17-21 ottobre 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is there already some news about the start of the Polo WRC?

When you have a look at the official website of the rally you can see a picture of the VW + that VW is one of the events sponsors...

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cercle
    Is there already some news about the start of the Polo WRC?

When you have a look at the official website of the rally you can see a picture of the VW + that VW is one of the events sponsors...
    They were sponsors in Mexico and Argentina also.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Monte Carlo

if the FIA by the OK ... I really think there is ... the Polo WRC (Ogier? Sainz?) ... is certain, however, the presence of Skoda S2000 VW team should be 2 locks (Abbring) and perhaps a entrusted to a third car Italian rider (U: Scandola?) ... but here we are talking about rumors that do not currently have anything for sure.

In Italy it also runs the 5th round of the "Rally Class." at the start Protasov (UKR), Andis (LET), Sungkar (IND) and Trivino (MEX) on all Subaru STi