Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 14,000 posts!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

14,000 posts!!!

Blimey o'Rielly guvnor.

That's 1,400 per year (my 10 year anniversary is just around the corner), 117 per month, 27 per week or 4 a day.

Forgetting the amount of time it takes to read posts assuming an average of 90 seconds to compose and post a message, that's 350 hours or 2 weeks of solid posting. That's 3/4 of an hour per week of inflicting my confused drivel on you poor buggers. That's not including Freebee, SKC, Retro Fornula1 or other user names I may have forgotten and used in the past.

In those 10 years, friends and even a partner has come and sometimes gone, I have met some great people from as far apart as Italy, India, Australia and many from the UK travelling around different circuits and parties. The parties either at the track or peoples houses were the stuff of legend. How Dave ever got his drive clean (or my room hock: ), 3 up quad racing, cat Olympic, merv standing in a paddling pool at Brands in a rather confused state, tornado's at Croft, a suicidal Tornado pilot at Donny and his poor Navigator, Fireworks in Edinburgh, Heat Stroke at Snett, Drunk Security guards at Oulton, 118118 fights between the VX and Honda crews and a very naked driver with just a wig to save his blushes.

Then we have the fights on here, the Ferrari wars, the fanatics, the violent, deluded, slanderous and just plain deranged members. O my god, there have been some weird ones. I even had my own F1 team at one time! There has been laughter, anger, tears of joy and sometimes the toys may have even flown the pram!! I have seen members grow up, get married, have children and even die.

I have detailed a few of the bits that stand out for me but I'm sure there are many more I should have included.

So, thanks.

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Congrats! I've always appreciated your posts over the years, as -- if I may say so -- you're a sensible fellow.

To add one to the list of memorable moments: "McLaren is sandbagging!" : I can't forget that, since I believed you, only to be proven hilariously incorrect at the first race.

Good times.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh yes, i remember

The infamous seemless shift gearbox. They never got it ready for that season but it was evident the next year. I was just 12 months early

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on

Then we have the fights on here, the Ferrari wars, the fanatics, the violent, deluded, slanderous and just plain deranged members.
    Which of those is me?

I remember when you were flat tyres (that was you, wasn't it?) we had some pretty nice fights over whatever the topic was. What I liked was that you didn't start menstruating the moment I dished out some insults and took it with humour (at least I thought so!) and I always find that a nice quality
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes, I did have some Flat Tyres as well.

I've had some very colourful arguments on here but it's only racing Anyway, it was proved that the FA favoured Ferrari years ago

Now, about Schumy deliberately crashing into Hill.........

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Blimey o'Rielly indeed

Your post got me checking my post count and length of service and flippin' 'eck Nora is it really more than 10 years

Anyway Knockie, have a beer to celebrate
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good grief, nearly 10 years for me as well. Where has all the time gone...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Blimey o'Rielly indeed

Your post got me checking my post count and length of service and flippin' 'eck Nora is it really more than 10 years

Anyway Knockie, have a beer to celebrate
    Quite a few of the old'uns re still here. You, Mark, Pino, Dave, Knee. I think you're the only one I am yet to meet fella and you're the closest to me!! Will have to have that together one nice day on the South Coast.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    A mere seven years and 6,900 odd posts for me. Still managed to see the excitement of at least 2 re-incarntions, the infamous 'take-over' attempt from motorsport.com and a handful of usernames (notably Miguel Sanchez, Mr Jan Yeo, barryfullalove and my current moniker), as well as a host of people coming and going (and yes, I do still miss Oily Oaf)
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm welling up
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u