Page 396 of 471 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406446 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 5253

Hybrid View

Liked 9,386 Times in 4,996 Posts
    @MSportLtd
    Gus, you entered the sport with us 8 years ago, from your first events in an R1 to a Puma Rally1 against the best in the world. It’s a sad day, as today, Gus and M-Sport part ways. This isn’t the end or a goodbye. It’s a sincere and heartfelt thanks. All the best for the future.

Gus Greensmith @GreensmithGus
    8 years through thick & thin together, I wouldn’t have changed it for the world. To everyone at M-Sport, all I have to say is thank you & ciao for now...

Liked 2,281 Times in 1,073 Posts
    So has the money run out? Or he's finally realised he isn't ever going to be competing at the front?

Or Toyota partial campaign ?

Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    So has the money run out? Or he's finally realised he isn't ever going to be competing at the front?

Or Toyota partial campaign ?
    If I had to bet, I would say a season like 2022-Kajto season in WRC2 with Mexico, Safari, Chile, Japan + 3 other rallies (Sardinia, Greece and another); maybe one outing in Toyota also but I don’t believe so.

I don’t think the money has ran out considering Latvala’s comments in the newspapers.
    But, in the end, I don’t really see the point of renting the 4th Toyota for a program around Sweden-Croatia-Sardinia-Estonia-Finland and Chile or Greece (most probably the 2nd one). Considering Serderidis’ program and Bertelli’s habits, M-Sport clearly had a similar program to offer in a 3rd car and for less money probably. Maybe he was afraid of «*All for Ott*» strategy? But Latvala sounds to say he wanted a full program

Seems they couldn't agree a deal because he wanted a full season and M-Sport couldn't offer this to a 3rd driver. Strange though that Loubet got the 2nd car ahead of Gus.

But he's not going to get F/time drive in a Rally1 car anywhere else, so it would mean a WRC2 program with another team (MSport having already agreed their drivers in WRC2).

Liked 2,281 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Seems they couldn't agree a deal because he wanted a full season and M-Sport couldn't offer this to a 3rd driver. Strange though that Loubet got the 2nd car ahead of Gus.

But he's not going to get F/time drive in a Rally1 car anywhere else, so it would mean a WRC2 program with another team (MSport having already agreed their drivers in WRC2).
    Loubet might genuinely have proper potential though.

6. Likes: pantealex (21st December 2022)
    Liked 16,104 Times in 6,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Strange though that Loubet got the 2nd car ahead of Gus.

its not strange,Loubet has more potential

8. Likes: AnttiL (20th December 2022),cali (20th December 2022),er88 (20th December 2022),EstWRC (20th December 2022),pantealex (21st December 2022),Rally Hokkaido (21st December 2022),RS (20th December 2022),seb_sh (20th December 2022),steve.mandzij (23rd December 2022),TWRC (21st December 2022)
    Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Rumours of Mikkelsen in M-sport, maybe a joint thing between Ford and redbull?

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

10. Likes: Sulland (20th December 2022)
    Don’t forget also that Loubet has some backing still next season apparently considering the image of the announcement (a French company called AEC is his main backer since post-Covid 2020 and his first outings in RC1, with some others in 2022 and AEC is quoted in the announcement picture for 2023).

+ Millener said that M-Sport puts some money on Greensmith: for sure Greensmith is paying a big part but maybe «*only*» 80-90% of the true budget of running the car (residual part paid by M-Sport).
    Maybe it’s one of the reason of the split also.

About Mikkelsen, well, Loeb’s situation sounds complicated for 2023 in WRC, especially if he follows with Extreme E and W2RC (I saw Croatia and Portugal are not compliant with these calendars & Mexico and Greece sounds really complicated in addition to Monte). Would let maybe an opening for Sardinia-Safari and Central Europe.
    But if Mikkelsen finalizes something with some other backing (if he finally accepts to pay to drive and to bring some backing), he could take the seat for 5-7 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    its not strange,Loubet has more potential
    Quite possibly but Greensmith has a long history there and pumped a lot of cash into M-Sport.

The split seems very amicable so we'll have to wait and see the full reasons.

Especially bad news for the championship in terms of average number of Rally1 cars per event.
    People are complaining about only 10 Rally1 cars in Monte-Carlo (including Serderidis) but, with the current rumors, we could have a lot of rallies (4?) with only 8. And a global average of only 9.

At the moment,
    Toyota has 3.5 cars in average for the season
    Hyundai 3
    M-Sport has only 2 official drivers
    Serderidis will make 4
    And we can expect Bertelli to do 2 as usual.

Well, meaning an average of 9 cars per event (including 0.5 «*very*» gentleman driver with Bertelli and Serderidis). The lowest number for the main category for a long time.

Let’s expect one driver or 2 could rent a half-season with M-Sport and/or Toyota but I hardly see who considering all the programs already set.