Threaded View

Liked 290 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersX View Post
    Lets just hope that M-Sport will figure out their reliability issues and wont skip PET due to the funding issues. Tanak wont tolerate it - PR success and opportunity might turn to disaster rather quickly if MSport would not hold their word of bargain.

But, one is sure - MS folks have had been in this situation before, with Ogier, they must know that they would need to rise their game.
    Main question mark and the thing that can ruin the season for Tänak in M-sport is reliability in my opinion also, but i hope that him joining brings the motivation and will to deal with theese little issues that hindered Fords all season.

About PET i dont really think it was as much about money as everyone thinks, i mean course money was involved, but if you think logically why would you need to spend money with some second tier drivers to who'm it does not matter if he has 50+km before rally or not. He still will be driving 5-6-7 times at best or end it in a ditch. Loeb got to test before every rally he entered, so i doubt Tänak will be without PET's.

Also i think now that Tänak joined the team as mentioned in the Dirtfish article and some other places also, Tänak coming to the team will open the wallet more from Ford to Wilson.

It has been mentioned that Ford has started already to fall behind from Hyundai and Toyota, but people are forgetting that Hyundai and Toyota applied the engine updates before Rally Estonia i think. Ford postphoned that because there were some question marks about the fuel used next season. https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/why-m...gine-upgrades/
    That means in Monte probably or Sweden they will apply the new engine update. And also with Tänak knowledge i think the chassis and aero wont stay the same in terms of upgrades. Quote from dirtfish about Tänaks words
    “And there is also Ford behind who is very interested to still prove that they are capable of doing well in rallying, so I would say together with Ford and M-Sport I see there is a chance to build something great again together.”

In my opinion that means when Tänak and Wilson say something needs to be upgraded on the car, then it probably will be done and wont stay behind budget wall.
    Last edited by Rallyest; 8th December 2022 at 06:09. Reason: Found the post about engine update

2. Likes: WRC1 (8th December 2022)