Hybrid View

Liked 2,281 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Maybe so. Although I don't believe that they are as unaware of next seasons line up as they've let on.

I'm pretty sure Suninen will be there, and Msport will have a little idea by now if Fourmaux/Greensmith could stump up some more cash or not. They have been in that part of the world following rally Monza, and I think putting anyone in the car would be a benefit to start fully testing their new upgrades that keep getting postponed..., and also to collect data about the new Pirelli rubber.

They have experience when Ogier was there of bringing big aero updates that didn't work, and that was after lots of testing. Can't expect to just bolt these new parts on and expect everything to go smoothly if there's been little-to-no testing.

Liked 1,642 Times in 750 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Suninen will be there, ...
    Why you are sure? Why you think his situation is different from Lappi? Why you think he want or can pay for his drive?

Liked 3,797 Times in 1,983 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Why you are sure? Why you think his situation is different from Lappi? Why you think he want or can pay for his drive?
    Cause he or sponsors have been paying at start at MSport and likely also did it in 2020 and he is managed by Jouhki who basically introduced the whole concept of "paying to get WRC drive" to top teams and has a long history of drivers that did that under him. (starting with Hirvonen 2004)

On the other hand Lappi has been payed to some level by Citroen ("rumors" say) since he had 2 year deal and they pulled at end 2019 and is manged by EVEN (Veiby) who was known has very much against paying to drive. (kinda funny at with his son driving at Monza though)
    Last edited by mknight; 9th December 2020 at 12:00.

4. Likes: AnttiL (9th December 2020),cali (9th December 2020),pantealex (10th December 2020)