Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

F1 in the 1970s blog

Part 1 and part 2 are out, i continue from my previous series covering the 1960s. Check them out

Formula 1 (1970s): Still a long way to go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    do review and comment

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Circuit information is a bit misleading.

The "New Nurburgring" was a completely new circuit built where the Sudschleife was. It was not a shortening of the Nordschleife. It uses the same start and finish straight as the Nordschleife and Sudschleife.

Hockenheim was not a new circuit in the seventies. I believe it dates to the thirties, a quick Google check would confirm this. It was first used for the German Grand Prix in 1970 and again in 1977-79.

Surely the introduction of turbocharging merits a mention?
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You are right on all points, i meant to use the word replacement circuits but forgot. And i thought i was missing something LOL.
    Thanks once again, this is some great help you are giving me
    You can check it again. Do post in there itself whenever possible as i check in there regularly. With regards to your PM, i will check it as soon as possible

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    newest article is out . This hopefully is a fun one. It is about the 1970 world championship focusing more on Jochen Rindt

Formula 1 (1970s): Still a long way to go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have shifted all articles to Formula 1 Blog : Thoughts of an Enthusiast
    all new articles will be posted there only.
    Please check and comment there. Thank you!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last week I have re-watched most of the 70's racing and really gave got joy to see that

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I realy like the content on your blog, its important for young generations(like myself) to see how this sport was rising and growing. Especially safety features you were talking about. Just keep it going. Only thing I think you should change is font, everything else is perfect.

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Philrata, if you want to find out the sport's history, there are some great history websites out there. My personal favourites are these long-established, well-researched and checked sites:

For the 30's it has to be Leif Snellman's Golden Age site, THE GOLDEN ERA OF GP RACING - MAIN DIRECTORY

For a variety of stand-alone articles, some by established authors, there's 8W, 8W - The stories behind motor racing history's fact and fiction

And for general history Dennis David does a good job, Grand Prix History - Contents

And for specific topics, believe it or not, Wikipedia isn't bad. Perversely, the less "popular" the subject the more likely it will be accurate. The all-pervading FOM-inspired "Formula 1 began at Silverstone in 1950" and "There is no signifiacnt motor racing outside the World Championship" myths don't penetrate that deep. However, don't take anything as definitive and follow up the leads it gives.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

-bump-