Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Give me a sequel of CMR2 and I will be very happy hehe great thread btw
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Give me a sequel of CMR2 and I will be very happy hehe great thread btw
    A total remake of CMR2 ( with the new grafixs and stuff like that ) would take longer then developing and creating a new "rally" game like D3 ..... strange but it is true... thats why they wont make a remake...

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    The thing I loved about CMR2 was how difficult the A.I was on certain events, especially the tarmac rally's at Italy and France. Making a 'legend' difficulty of A.I that is very difficult to beat is what will make me pick up the game over and over again.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    To me the best way to deal with AI speed is not a set level, i.e. Legend, Professional, etc, but rather a sliding scale percentage, range say from 75% to 120%. That way you can match the AI more to your liking. Look at the F1 game series, for 2010 they made the legend level too slow, now people are saying it's too fast. A sliding scale makes it easier for people to match their pace. And really, on a rally game that just means a calculation factor, you don't get to see the other cars. D3 has that thing where you're all running together but that's not really necessary.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Quote Originally Posted by Rallylegend
    Personally i think that a rally game has to start where its all about, challenging long stages with many different physics, for example tarmac gravel and the weather around it, and after 22 stages there is a winner of the rally , then all the rules comes around after 2 stages service , a limit of time service , super rally system etc etc etc

And what do you guys think about an option to write your own pace notes, have a recce and stuff like that?
    I like the sound of that, many stages in a rally. Although the disc limitation is a factor, particularly if you're planning a release on console, nobody wants to play disc jockey. I agree with everything, but 22 stages in a rally could be too much for the disc size. Rather make less stages and longer ones. And my idea earlier was more giving the game depth in terms of career mode but not having to make extra stages. Or maybe make it shorter versions of each stage. So the WRC version lasts 20km but the national version is only 10km and European version is 15km.

As far as pacenotes are concerned, I'd prefer it more if you could edit the existing pacenotes, rather than make completely new ones. So really the game should ship with standard notes (I agree with hasbalot, you should be able to change the speed of the calls), but then have an editor you can use during the recce (like RBR.dll version allowed, but not so complicated to use). RBR had the recce, which was basically just drive the stage beforehand, nothing complicated. You could have that. Personally I never use it but I think some people would.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    The thing I loved about CMR2 was how difficult the A.I was on certain events, especially the tarmac rally's at Italy and France. Making a 'legend' difficulty of A.I that is very difficult to beat is what will make me pick up the game over and over again.
    One of the most sensible things I've read this year!

In fact, this is the best thread I've read all year. I have lots to say. For now...

1.Absolutely agree with Jon Brow. On all the rally games I've ever played, the AI is far too easy, even on expert. I understand full well that casual players need the difficulty not to be too hard. That's great! Keep that as it is for the casual players, but add "legend" difficulties for world beating players. It's so simple isn't it? This has had me aching with frustration over the years as I've been desperate for a challenge, but the maximum difficulty available for each game is too low. I really like the sliding scale idea someone suggested, but PLEASE don't set the maximum level available be too low - make the upper (and lower) limits RIDICULOUSLY high (and low) to cater for those who would want it, then it can please all sorts of people! I remember during 2006 especially: By then I could win every stage of every rally on WRC2 Extreme. I thought I couldn't get any faster. Then I found www.gzii.net, a brilliant site where players submit their best times. The times were absolutely staggering and I was nowhere - finally I had a challenge!!! Seeing the times that were possible, I was able to raise my game massively to a whole new level. I am entered as RJB on that site (in a Mitsubishi!).

The point is, I would like to see the AI in a new game match the kind of performance of the players on this site, which was in a different solar system to even the expert level AI of WRC2 Extreme.

2.This is a MUST - CUSTOMISABLE NAMES!
    It amazes me how many games omit this absolutely fundamental feature which would massively increase the playability of the game. It's such a simple feature to add, yet you don't seem to find it at all these days!

3.NEVER EVER repeat what happened in WRC: Rally Evolved from 2005 where there were only 3 stages per rally. I actually thought there was some kind of terrible mistake when I first played it, only to find to my horror that's how it was meant to be.

4.Something I'd REALLY like to see, and for me essential - more competitors in a rally!
    For too long now, the rally games have only had 14, 15, 17, 10! cars involved. I would so so like to see much more. I can't see why not have all the classes together in one event like in real life. I would be very happy to have something like blacked out windows or something as I totally understand rendering each driver perfectly would be a lot to ask. I don't care - I just HAVE to see more cars, whatever is sacrificed!

5.CUSTOMISABLE EVERYTHING! Anyone who has ever used Steven Young's fantastic GP2Edit will know what I'm talking about. How about making it so that each driver's performance, reliability, likelihood of driver error and so much more can be customised. This would elevate the game to legendary levels in my view.

That's all for now haha. Thanks.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty
    One of the most sensible things I've read this year!

In fact, this is the best thread I've read all year. I have lots to say. For now...

1.Absolutely agree with Jon Brow. On all the rally games I've ever played, the AI is far too easy, even on expert. I understand full well that casual players need the difficulty not to be too hard. That's great! Keep that as it is for the casual players, but add "legend" difficulties for world beating players. It's so simple isn't it? This has had me aching with frustration over the years as I've been desperate for a challenge, but the maximum difficulty available for each game is too low. I really like the sliding scale idea someone suggested, but PLEASE don't set the maximum level available be too low - make the upper (and lower) limits RIDICULOUSLY high (and low) to cater for those who would want it, then it can please all sorts of people! I remember during 2006 especially: By then I could win every stage of every rally on WRC2 Extreme. I thought I couldn't get any faster. Then I found www.gzii.net, a brilliant site where players submit their best times. The times were absolutely staggering and I was nowhere - finally I had a challenge!!! Seeing the times that were possible, I was able to raise my game massively to a whole new level. I am entered as RJB on that site (in a Mitsubishi!).

The point is, I would like to see the AI in a new game match the kind of performance of the players on this site, which was in a different solar system to even the expert level AI of WRC2 Extreme.

2.This is a MUST - CUSTOMISABLE NAMES!
    It amazes me how many games omit this absolutely fundamental feature which would massively increase the playability of the game. It's such a simple feature to add, yet you don't seem to find it at all these days!

3.NEVER EVER repeat what happened in WRC: Rally Evolved from 2005 where there were only 3 stages per rally. I actually thought there was some kind of terrible mistake when I first played it, only to find to my horror that's how it was meant to be.

4.Something I'd REALLY like to see, and for me essential - more competitors in a rally!
    For too long now, the rally games have only had 14, 15, 17, 10! cars involved. I would so so like to see much more. I can't see why not have all the classes together in one event like in real life. I would be very happy to have something like blacked out windows or something as I totally understand rendering each driver perfectly would be a lot to ask. I don't care - I just HAVE to see more cars, whatever is sacrificed!

5.CUSTOMISABLE EVERYTHING! Anyone who has ever used Steven Young's fantastic GP2Edit will know what I'm talking about. How about making it so that each driver's performance, reliability, likelihood of driver error and so much more can be customised. This would elevate the game to legendary levels in my view.

That's all for now haha. Thanks.
    thank you for your reply RJB,

Althrough WRC Evolved had 3 stages it had also some good things, i mean it had the Mitsubishi Lancer WRC 2005 in it! And u met the cars who crashed or stoped on the stage.

What where some good points about the WRC games ? I thought the menu with the real videos and how the car menu where pretty cool with a cool intro movie and information about the drive.

WRC 04 Intro + Menu

[youtube]JJFQ-b_GtEE[/youtube]

WRC 04 car menu video

[youtube]uRxmUuc6ObY&feature=related[/youtube]

Sadly it isnt no more with Black Bean as developer

At 5. with costumisable u mean all the setups from the car? as in RBR ?

Beside that in a new career mode i was thinking about when you reach a level that you can rent a WRC car for an event , and if u crash or get some damage that you have to pay for it. so u have to sign good contract with sponsors and stuff like that ,as u can see in this video

[youtube]vW2bcSQ4U5I&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]

What do you think about that? That beside rally driving you also have to sign sponsor contracts for money , get mechanics and stuff like that? so its not just the racing in a game.

And last but not least i think this is what RBR makes so fantastic these days the MODS:

[youtube]_YhYzXV_nf8&feature=related[/youtube]

I think by customisable he means you can edit the database of AI people, so that you could create your own series, like a classic WRC or something. Basically he's expanded on idea number 2. I like these ideas.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What is the best way to discribe how the stages has to look like?

I thought about the keywords : challenging , difficult and unpredicted,

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Yep, that's how it for sure has to be. And I think with examining onboards from several rallies, the developers should probably know what I mean! Also what u said about having a good sponsor deal and paying damage, that management aspect I like it too! Makes it very realistic to the real world!!