Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts

Driver/donkey of the race

Mind if I open a single thread for both things? I haven't seen any thread about this, anyway.

Vettel gets the prize for me - won from pole on the fastest car, yes, but also led the entire race and got fastest lap. That's as good as it gets. Honorable mentions for Button, Alonso and Alguersuari.

Massa gets the donkey this time, IMHO - the collision with Hamilton was absurd (had he forgotten that Lewis was there?), and then had to retire because of a suspension failure which probably was his fault, as Alonso must have had the same suspension, yet didn't break it.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13
    Mind if I open a single thread for both things? I haven't seen any thread about this, anyway.

Vettel gets the prize for me - won from pole on the fastest car, yes, but also led the entire race and got fastest lap. That's as good as it gets. Honorable mentions for Button, Alonso and Alguersuari.

Massa gets the donkey this time, IMHO - the collision with Hamilton was absurd (had he forgotten that Lewis was there?), and then had to retire because of a suspension failure which probably was his fault, as Alonso must have had the same suspension, yet didn't break it.
    I'll agree with all of the above, and also nominate Karthikayan in both catagories. Driver because all weekend he's been matching the much-fancied Riccardo, and coping with the pressure of racing at his home circuit; but Donkey because he did have a habit of being unaware of faster drivers coming up behind him.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    I agree with N080DY 2
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Kovy for Driver of the Day.

Stewards for Donkey of the Day.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Hard not to give Seb driver of the race. What is that term when you get fastest lap, pole, win, and lead the entire race?? Grand malchalmo or something?? Pretty damn rare especially these days when the top 6 cars are are so close to each other in performance.

Johny Herbert is the jackass, he no doubt is the reason for that bogus penalty on massa. Both ham and massa were at fault in that one, both overly aggressive. Racing incident.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Massa for wrecking his right hans suspension Q3 and then the left in the race, no one else did...and for slowing to allow lewis to get close and then shuting the door He slowed in Singapore too. He clearly doesn't learn
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Vettel and Button did well to run away from the field. As did Alonso for beating Webber for the final podium position and getting the best possible result for Ferrari. Nice race by Mercedes drivers, especially Schumacher. Alguersuari is cementing his place in F1, but nowadays Toro Rosso looks mighty anyway as Buemi was just a couple of second behind him before retirement. Pérez had a nice entrance into the points after a very low grid position. Kovalainen is impressing. Lotus has been improving recently and he has had the opportunity to mix it with the established teams in race trim. Hoping for more in 2012. And of course, Karthikeyan did well.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Best drivers: Seb and MS.

Bad driver: Lewis, he drove straight into Felipes sidepods. Another one on Lewis tally.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Vettel, Button and Karthikeyan are drivers of the day.

The stewards decision I do not understand, there was no way 2 cars could have gone into that corner.

Karthikeyan was pretty awful in traffic as well.

Webber is without doubt having his worst season ever, he just sank today. Hard to think that he led the WDC for longer than anyone last year. :\ I do hope he picks it up next year.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MAX_THRUST
    Massa for wrecking his right hans suspension Q3 and then the left in the race, no one else did...and for slowing to allow lewis to get close and then shuting the door He slowed in Singapore too. He clearly doesn't learn
    I think Massa slowed on both occasions because he was approaching a turn.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!