Page 680 of 681 FirstFirst ... 180580630670678679680681 LastLast
Results 6,791 to 6,800 of 6802
  1. #6791
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,317
    Like
    321
    Liked 3,348 Times in 1,784 Posts
    At the end he said that yes.

    But before Spain the only good and obvious choice is Barum, which might be too early.

  2. #6792
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    8,455
    Like
    1,775
    Liked 1,985 Times in 1,056 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    At the end he said that yes.

    But before Spain the only good and obvious choice is Barum, which might be too early.
    Barum as zero car again seems likely. I doubt Kopecky would swap to the new car until the title is wrapped up.

    Has it even been homologated yet?
    Last edited by RS; 7th August 2022 at 09:06.

  3. #6793
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    16,674
    Like
    3,134
    Liked 7,995 Times in 4,234 Posts
    You'd think with the time it's taken producing the new car Skoda would've timed the full competition launch better.

    The publicity at their home rally of Barum as the part of the Czech championship and a round of the ERC would've been a great platform.

  4. #6794
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,317
    Like
    321
    Liked 3,348 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Well a year ago Hyundai was late (twice delayed I think), and when finally competing the car was both unreliable and slow. Took at least half a year to be competetive.
    Surely something Skoda wants to avoid.

    Actually I wonder which recent R5 was both competetive and reliable when released?
    Polo wasn't reliable
    C3 wasn't competetive besides smooth tarmac.
    Last edited by mknight; 8th August 2022 at 14:03.

  5. #6795
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    90
    Like
    2
    Liked 65 Times in 35 Posts
    Other than the recent fuel related issues with some examples of the existing car you would expect the Fabia once again to be the class of the field. I had heard some drivers preferring the E1 to the E2 handling wise however results speak for themselves.

    They know what they are doing and you only have to look at ewrc results to see which car is winning weekend after weekend. Ford other than in the UK, MSports home market and in the Canary Islands are way behind leaving Hyundai and VW to pick up the pieces.

  6. #6796
    Senior Member Jarek Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Wroclaw
    Posts
    7,787
    Like
    3,669
    Liked 2,798 Times in 1,459 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal yet again View Post
    They know what they are doing and you only have to look at ewrc results to see which car is winning weekend after weekend.
    Have a look at the first 12 cars in the Italian gravel championship
    https://www.rallylink.it/pdf/classifiche/2022/cirt.pdf
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

  7. Likes: RS (8th August 2022)
  8. #6797
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    370
    Like
    76
    Liked 105 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    You'd think with the time it's taken producing the new car Skoda would've timed the full competition launch better.

    The publicity at their home rally of Barum as the part of the Czech championship and a round of the ERC would've been a great platform.
    It is not that easy when your suppliers, supplier is backlogged and cant supply any one.It is just how things are at this point.

  9. Likes: pantealex (8th August 2022)
  10. #6798
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    8,455
    Like
    1,775
    Liked 1,985 Times in 1,056 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Well a year ago Hyundai was late (twice delayed I think), and when finally competing the car was both unreliable and slow. Took at least half a year to be competetive.
    Surely something Skoda wants to avoid.

    Actually I wonder which recent R5 was both competetive and reliable when released?
    Polo wasn't reliable
    C3 wasn't competetive besides smooth tarmac.
    Creating a good R5/Rally2 car seems really difficult due to the cost restrictions and requirement for many ‘off the shelf’ parts to be used. Especially considering that the spec is largely locked in apart from a few jokers being allowed you’d think the manufacturers would put more effort into properly testing their cars prior to homologation, but only Skoda seem to bother. They certainly did more testing with the new Fabia than Hyundai (and maybe the others too) did with their Rally1 cars.

  11. #6799
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,317
    Like
    321
    Liked 3,348 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Have a look at the first 12 cars in the Italian gravel championship
    https://www.rallylink.it/pdf/classifiche/2022/cirt.pdf
    At " normal" slow to medium gravel Fabia seems clearly best and it is the most allround for combined championships.

    On other specific surfaces it's not so clear to me. Polo still seems to be great on smooth and fast gravel/snow. C3 on tarmac (specially smooth one). Fiesta on wet/slippery tarmac. Maybe not enough starts for new i20 to judge.

  12. #6800
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    505
    Like
    141
    Liked 375 Times in 198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Have a look at the first 12 cars in the Italian gravel championship
    https://www.rallylink.it/pdf/classifiche/2022/cirt.pdf
    honestly, italian gravel championship is not that much of a reference...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •