Page 720 of 748 FirstFirst ... 220620670710718719720721722730 ... LastLast
Results 7,191 to 7,200 of 7475
  1. #7191
    Senior Member Sulland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    6,387
    Like
    2,013
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    I was asking (before the rally) Marczyk about this RS, and he told that RS is really different car and needs package of setups. For sure it is and will be fast car but driver has to adapt. He was in Fafe for test RS and wake up after winter before WRC, but if he was there to score points in ERC, he would choose old car.

    Llarena was very consistent, being on the podium or close to it. And to reverse deficit and win Azores with Moura on his land needs some proper skills.
    Seems like Skoda took a Polo and improved it, and got the RS.
    The Polo does not fit all, especially drivers that do not spend a lot of hours getting the setup 100% right.
    The Fabia R5 and the evo is much easier to get to 98% quickly, and with much less fuss.
    But if you get the Polo right, and is a good driver, it is still one of the best cars in the class.

    We need more rallies with many drivers at the levers before we know how good the RS is as a package.

  2. #7192
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,626
    Like
    8,775
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal yet again View Post
    His Fafe result was better than last year
    Based on final result yeah, but last year he won three stages.

  3. #7193
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    19,006
    Like
    3,442
    Liked 9,386 Times in 4,996 Posts
    Llarena explains...

    "We are losing time in the slow corners, we have no traction, for me it’s a disaster. In some parts I am pushing like hell but I was losing a lot of time in the slow corners.

    “Honestly I tried my best, I was absolutely flat out, unfortunately we were not fast. We were not comfortable with the car, we were always out of the line. You can push 200 per cent but you are losing time in every corner, [so it’s] very disappointing.”

  4. #7194
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    8,824
    Like
    2,094
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Llarena explains...

    "We are losing time in the slow corners, we have no traction, for me it’s a disaster. In some parts I am pushing like hell but I was losing a lot of time in the slow corners.

    “Honestly I tried my best, I was absolutely flat out, unfortunately we were not fast. We were not comfortable with the car, we were always out of the line. You can push 200 per cent but you are losing time in every corner, [so it’s] very disappointing.”
    If you look at times of all MRF crews, their tyres seemed to work much better on Saturday than Sunday. On Saturday Llarena was running in a different road position to other guys and his times didn’t compare well to Sesks with same car and same tyres.

  5. Likes: Sulland (15th March 2023)
  6. #7195
    Senior Member PLuto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Zlin
    Posts
    8,369
    Like
    500
    Liked 3,809 Times in 1,691 Posts
    New Fabia RS Rally2 car is different from the old one. You need to find correct setups, you need to adapt to the different driving style. I think now you can understand why Oliver Solberg is so much testing, same like other WRC2 drivers of Skoda...

  7. Likes: cali (15th March 2023)
  8. #7196
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    19,006
    Like
    3,442
    Liked 9,386 Times in 4,996 Posts
    Ireland, the former heartland of the Fiesta R5, is now dominated by the Polo, i20 and lately the Citroen C3.

    On the current West Cork Intl Rally the highest placed Ford is a Mk2 Escort !

  9. #7197
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    19,006
    Like
    3,442
    Liked 9,386 Times in 4,996 Posts
    Sounds like M-Sport are determined to fight back and improve the Fiesta..

    Asked how much of the British championship Adrien Fourmaux will do, Wilson said: “It’s still up for discussion but there’s no question we want to improve and make the car even more competitive, so for sure we will definitely do the next round.

    “We’ve got some tests planned in Ireland coming up quite soon so we want to just try and basically make sure we can keep the Rally2 Fiesta competitive.

    “We want to try and give Adrien as much seat time as possible and keep on developing and improving the car.”

  10. #7198
    Senior Member PLuto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Zlin
    Posts
    8,369
    Like
    500
    Liked 3,809 Times in 1,691 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Sounds like M-Sport are determined to fight back and improve the Fiesta..

    Asked how much of the British championship Adrien Fourmaux will do, Wilson said: “It’s still up for discussion but there’s no question we want to improve and make the car even more competitive, so for sure we will definitely do the next round.

    “We’ve got some tests planned in Ireland coming up quite soon so we want to just try and basically make sure we can keep the Rally2 Fiesta competitive.

    “We want to try and give Adrien as much seat time as possible and keep on developing and improving the car.”
    Developing and improving the car? 4 years later than it should be...

  11. Likes: TWRC (29th March 2023)
  12. #7199
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    19,006
    Like
    3,442
    Liked 9,386 Times in 4,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Developing and improving the car? 4 years later than it should be...
    A financially-devasating pandemic, runnng a WRC Team and creating a new Rally1 car all had an impact on this.

    Plus most other Rally2 manufacturers only had that car to concentrate on (Skoda, VW Polo, Citroen C3).

    Edit: Fourmaux is confident of the Fiesta's potential...

    https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2023/wrc...ly2s-potental/
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 27th March 2023 at 14:36.

  13. Likes: WRC1 (26th March 2023)
  14. #7200
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    19,006
    Like
    3,442
    Liked 9,386 Times in 4,996 Posts
    New Yaris Rally2 tarmac test...

    https://youtu.be/AJR8fhnscHU

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •