Page 101 of 109 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1090
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori

Now if you read this between the lines as "tasty finish tears" (sic), I'll just take a break and leave you to it. You don't need me for that.

Tervetuloa Hartusvuori. No need to go, simply ignore the posts as soon as you read their `name`. Rise above it and enjoy the excellent posts that are on rally forum, luckily the informed posters outnumber the clowns. Hope you enjoyed J-M`s victory, I definately did.

terveisin

Mel

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klek_fi
    You must hate people of Finland enormously
    I don't hate anyone.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    Hopefully the end of Matthew Wilson's 5-year plan, he is wasting the Ford teams money.
    Really?! Any facts to back up that remark? From where I'm sitting I'd have thought that Matt (and his old man) has been instrumental in bringing Stobart to the table (what with him being a Cumbria lad and Stobart being from Carlisle). If that's the case (i.e he's not actually taking a drive away from anyone as the drive wouldn't exist without him) then what's the issue. One of the things that struck me today, having not been to a WRC round for a few years, was just how many WRC cars there were, even though it was the last day and there's been a quite high attrition rate. Far enough a large number of them aren't competitive but it's still good to see them out.

Wilson was noticeably slower though. He overdrives the car and is nowhere near as smooth as someone like Seb MK2. Also he was about the only one that entered the corner sideways (where I was watching), most of the top runners would understeer through the first part and then a bit of power oversteer on the way out. Wilson was well sideways going in AND had power oversteer.

Enjoyed the day all in all (apart from the early start and the freezing wind), first WRC since about '06 so good to see the sports best, just a shame I only got to see Loeb the once and the battle was ruined. Also a shame that Kris couldn't grab that podium, he was taking such large chunks out of Henning and was clearly the quicker driver (he didn't have that Mini anti-lag singing nearly as much as those other Mini drivers )
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 28 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by logic
    I was not surprised when Loeb crashed on the road section , he was driving like a ****ing idiot all saturday on the road sections . We were by a stoplight over a 1 lane bridge and he comes down the outside flat as and near hit a VW the had the right of way.
    I think they all drive like maniacs on the road sections. A group N and a S2000 Fiesta overtook me on a blind corner with a crest on the way back to Builth Wells on Friday.

Anyway, well done Jari Matti on a fantastic win for him and Ford. We've been out since Thursday and its been a great rally, a little bit of a anti climax with Mikko crashing out Friday afternoon but thats rallying for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori
    Finns are being provoked here no matter what Finnish drivers do - win or lose. Yes - that comment you reported was below the belt, but also from inexperienced forumer who have had his tongue firmly in cheek since post one. However, it seems to be fuel for some certain forumers' strange fantasies to put emotions and thoughts on our minds, of course without any concrete or factual base. Had Mikko Hirvonen won the championship in GB the way it could've happened, I would've felt ashamed for the sport just as any other decent rally fan, be it German, Welsh, French, Czech, Greek or Croatian. But please let me enjoy a bit on Latvala's first and last victory of the season.

Now if you read this between the lines as "tasty finish tears" (sic), I'll just take a break and leave you to it. You don't need me for that.
    Well, enjoy it. He deserved that win I guess.

Nice photos.

Liked 16,104 Times in 6,991 Posts
    congrats to Jari and Ford for the win.Well deserved victory for Jari but i d like to see it inside stages till the end.
    i am very curious to see who is going to be the No1 in Ford for 2012
    Definetely Malcolm has to solve a big problem in his team.

Congrats for Loeb and Citroen for another double.
    Loeb was nodoubt best driver by far the whole year,and prooved that even without help of Ogier,could manage at last rallies to get the target.

@Tolis
    about the number of drivers stage wins ,i d like to see how many stage wins has both Sebs Jari,Mikko,at last day only.
    I think that the conclusion is going to be very interesting.

Liked 11,193 Times in 4,442 Posts
    Plus on first day when Loeb was almost always sweeping.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 16,104 Times in 6,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    Plus on first day when Loeb was almost always sweeping.
    Right.Some times numbers don t tell the ''truth'',or the whole ''truth'' if you like.