Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
    Wow using the liberal rag the New Yorker is a rather tacky way to give a biased opinion.
    And that's a rather tacky way to behave on a forum, but it doesn't stop you, does it?

Point out anything on the article that is incorrect on the matter of this guy's arrest in Colorado and I'll send you a cookie.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow using the liberal rag the New Yorker is a rather tacky way to give a biased opinion.
    ------------------------------------

CIA Contractor Arrested In Highlands Ranch After Fight
    Raymond Davis Was Released From Pakistani Prison In January
    Posted by Kim Nguyen, Web Editor

POSTED: 5:07 pm MDT October 1, 2011
    UPDATED: 8:15 pm MDT October 2, 2011

HIGHLANDS RANCH, Colo. -- The CIA contractor who was freed from a Pakistani prison after the U.S. paid $2.3 million in blood money was arrested Saturday morning in Highlands Ranch after he allegedly fought with another man over a parking spot, CALL7 Investigators have learned.

Raymond Allen Davis was arrested outside an Einstein Bros Bagels at the Town Center at Highlands Ranch, at Highlands Ranch Parkway and South Broadway, sources close to the investigation told Call7 Investigator Tony Kovaleski.

Sources told Kovaleski that Davis and another man with him had been arguing with a third man about a parking spot when the verbal argument escalated into a physical altercation.

In the argument, Davis was the aggressor, reliable sources said.

The 50-year-old victim, Jeff Maes, was treated at the scene and released.

"He literally parked his car behind me and started shouting at me and I says, 'You need to relax'. And he got out of the car," Maes said Saturday. "When I got hit I went back, I hit my back straight on the concrete and then, I don't know, I must've got up. I looked, he's standing there and I got up to defend myself and started again."

Maes said his daughters, ages 6 and 8, cried after witnessing the fight but Maes didn't learn until afterwards his alleged attacker also did work for the CIA.

"I thought to myself, he's a pretty tough guy. I guess I'm somewhat grateful there's five men that broke it up," Maes said, adding he spent most of the afternoon at Sky Ridge medical center.

"Well, actually I was there for six hours and they took some x-rays and cat scans and said that I have an injury to my back," Maes said. "I've never been knocked out. But to get hit over a parking spot. That's kind of ridiculous."

His wife was equally surprised to learn about the suspect's employment record.

"Strength under control I think is a good, uh, motto to have here. I think all people should bear that in mind. Even if they're strong, they should have it under control," Jacqueline Maes said.

Reached at the couple's Highlands Ranch home, Mrs. Davis told 7NEWS her husband wasn't home but said they might make a statement later.

Deputies with the Douglas County Sheriff's Office were called around 9 a.m.

Davis was taken into custody on misdemeanor charges of third-degree assault and disorderly conduct. He was released after posting $1,750 bond.

Davis informed responding deputies who he was and said that the press would be following this and he would appreciate it if authorities kept his arrest out of the press, according to sources.

The Douglas County Sherriff's Office treated his arrest like any other case, but once they confirmed his identity, the sheriff's office had to follow protocol and notify Colorado's highest ranking law enforcement office, the Colorado Department of Public Safety.

The sheriff's office is still working on a report, which is expected to be released on Monday.

Davis was jailed in a Pakistani prison on Jan. 27, after he shot and killed two Pakistani men as he sat in his car.

Davis, a 36-year-old Virginia native, said he shot the two men in self-defense as they tried to rob him in late January. He claimed the two men attacked him as he drove through a busy Lahore neighborhood.

He was charged with two counts of murder in March and then released after the families of the two Pakistanis he killed pardoned him in exchange for compensation or "blood money."

The payment of "blood money" to the families, sanctioned under Pakistani law, was considered by Davis' attorney as the best way to get out of the crisis.

The killings triggered a fresh wave of anti-American sentiment in Pakistan and were testing an alliance seen as key to defeating al-Qaida and ending the war in Afghanistan.

The tensions were especially sharp between the CIA and Pakistan's powerful Inter Services Intelligence, its spy agency, which said it did not know Davis was operating in the country. One ISI official said the agency had backed the "blood money" deal as way of soothing tensions.

The United States initially described Davis as either a U.S. consular or embassy official, and claimed he had diplomatic immunity. But officials later acknowledged he was working for the CIA, confirming suspicions that had aired in the Pakistani media.

7NEWS confirmed Davis owns a security company called Hyperion Protective Consultants, which is contracted to do work for the U.S. government. He used to work for Blackwater as a security employee.
    ------------------------

This is a little more balanced report.
    Oddly, what the New Yorker wanted people to think was murder I guess in Pakistan, the U.K. Independant called a shoot-out.
    Your article is your writers biased opinion; the other is close to objective news reporting.
    If you do not know the difference, I cannot help you to.

You threw in a biggoted hate story not related to the thread topic and now you want to cry because I called you out on it.
    Que sera, sera.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolton Midnight
    All of it, she should be forced to hand all profits over to a charity of Meredith's parents choice.
    Yeah and the Queen mother should return all the sh** they been stealing for centuries along with the Dutch,Portugese and the Spaniards.

This case was crock from the start,and the Italian legal system is so corrupt it ain't even funny.I wouldn't be surprised if she was framed in order to protect some rich little local boy.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Funny old world, innit?

In Europe if there's any doubt over the evidence we let people free, even if it seems likely they committed a crime.

In certain parts of the USA, even when there's massive doubt, the accused is executed with no chance of an appeal.

Strange planet, this.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    First, we have the lie that she has rich parents, a lie told by the prosecutor.

Second, we have the prosecutor suing and trying to jail people for slandering him and the police when they challenge him (a prior practice in other cases, as I cited above) and trying to put them in jail for that

Thrid, we have no tape recording of the alleged confession, only the prosecutor saying it to be such--however, the so called confession was that she was there in her own room, not that she participated.

Fourth, the alleged accomplice who is suing for slander---the police found a text message from him on her phone, and got her to say, yes as to whether he might have been there.....well, yeah, Obama might have been there too

Fifth, the alleged murder weapon: number one, it appears two weapons were used. The weapon at the boyfriend's house was a large knife that would have done more damage. NO EVIDENCE OF ANY OF THE VICTIM'S BLOOD on the knife (not even on or under the handles, which will almost always show traces in such cases and very hard to clean, very)

and the later tests by Court appointed Italian experts, showed that the victim's alleged DNA that the prosecutor said was on the knife, was corrupted, and was likely to be DNA from rye bread

As for the footprits, Italian forensic experts, appointed by the court.... determined that Guedie's feet could have just as easily made them

duh

The only real question, is given the prosecutor's conviction and pending jail sentence, why is he permiitted to be involved in this case.............
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackSparrow
    Yeah and the Queen mother should return all the sh** they been stealing for centuries along with the Dutch,Portugese and the Spaniards.

This case was crock from the start,and the Italian legal system is so corrupt it ain't even funny.I wouldn't be surprised if she was framed in order to protect some rich little local boy.
    Err wtf has the Queen Mum got to do with owt?

You do know she's dead right?

It may well be corrupt but how does that mean she was innocent - of course it doesn't.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    First, we have the lie that she has rich parents, a lie told by the prosecutor.

Second, we have the prosecutor suing and trying to jail people for slandering him and the police when they challenge him (a prior practice in other cases, as I cited above) and trying to put them in jail for that

Thrid, we have no tape recording of the alleged confession, only the prosecutor saying it to be such--however, the so called confession was that she was there in her own room, not that she participated.

Fourth, the alleged accomplice who is suing for slander---the police found a text message from him on her phone, and got her to say, yes as to whether he might have been there.....well, yeah, Obama might have been there too

Fifth, the alleged murder weapon: number one, it appears two weapons were used. The weapon at the boyfriend's house was a large knife that would have done more damage. NO EVIDENCE OF ANY OF THE VICTIM'S BLOOD on the knife (not even on or under the handles, which will almost always show traces in such cases and very hard to clean, very)

and the later tests by Court appointed Italian experts, showed that the victim's alleged DNA that the prosecutor said was on the knife, was corrupted, and was likely to be DNA from rye bread

As for the footprits, Italian forensic experts, appointed by the court.... determined that Guedie's feet could have just as easily made them

duh

The only real question, is given the prosecutor's conviction and pending jail sentence, why is he permiitted to be involved in this case.............
    Wealthy enough to appoint expensive lawyers and PR people (not normal behaviour to appoint media types is it?)

Can't really follow your point re the other stuff, doesn't make sense. Just rambling.

Murder weapon had victim's, Knox's and her boyfriend's DNA on it, just because there wasn't the required amount doesn't mean it wasn't their DNA. Rye Bread ??

So yet again not a single thing that proves her innocent.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolton Midnight
    Wealthy enough to appoint expensive lawyers and PR people (not normal behaviour to appoint media types is it?)

Can't really follow your point re the other stuff, doesn't make sense. Just rambling.

Murder weapon had victim's, Knox's and her boyfriend's DNA on it, just because there wasn't the required amount doesn't mean it wasn't their DNA. Rye Bread ??

So yet again not a single thing that proves her innocent.
    Yeah right, I am starting to thing you are just a morbid troll here as you just keep spouting the same hate- minus anything to back it up.

DNA- your DNA is on any knife in the kitchen you use unless you wash it off.
    -----------------

This is her grandmother from two years ago.

Knox family financially drained

...Huff said it's hard to watch from thousands of miles away, Amanda sullen, weak and at times defeated. It's also financially devastating. At 72 years old, Huff is $250,000 in personal debt. Collectively, the family has spent more than a million dollars on attorney fees and travel, and it's not over....

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Yeah right, I am starting to thing you are just a morbid troll here as you just keep spouting the same hate- minus anything to back it up.

DNA- your DNA is on any knife in the kitchen you use unless you wash it off.

You would have thought she might have lived with her or something!!!!
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    The knife belonged to the boyfriend and was at his house not Knox/Kerchers

ooops own goal a go go there chaps

poor granny from poor family raises 1 million shocker

ooops there's another

Fine when you've run out of answers call me a troll if it makes you happier

But still doesn't point to Knox being anything other than as guilty as a puppy next to a pile of poo