Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICWS
    Formula 1

For the August to October stretch of the calendar, I would recommend for IndyCar to do this:

August 5 - Lexington, Ohio
    August 19 - Sonoma, California
    September 2 - Baltimore, Maryland
    September 15 - Fontana, California
    September 30 - Qingdao, China
    October 14 - Las Vegas, Nevada
    I know you've got a couple of weeks in between each race, but criss-crossing the continent from Ohio, to California, then all the way across to Maryland, only to return to California once more?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If I'd known sooner that the IRL was going to be protecting the American open wheel street race tradition, I would have become a fan sooner too.

http://www.racer.com/dixon-supports-...rticle/216801/

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    will you support an early May road parade at IMS? 16th & Georgetown wants to know

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...s-mailbag-1116

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    NO! We already have enough road races.. I started to like the 2012 schedule, but there are already enough road races on the schedule for next year. They should've done this a few years ago, when there weren't that much road courses on the schedule.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The only way a road race at Indy makes sense is as a historic race of old Indycars on the road course sometime during May (opening day??) (just because it lets more people get a closer look at the cars at some sort of speed) - THAT I could support - not the current cars- that is foolish dilution of a tradition at the very best.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Indy was diluted the day tony announced NASCAR was coming to town...

Indycars on the road coarse is coming.... If no in 2012 than 2013 ... Mark my words
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    Did you feel that way when F1 was there or the motorcycle races? While I understand the sentiment, I also realize that it is ridiculous to have a huge facility like that with only one event per year. The upkeep on the place must be huge and to expect only one event to pay for that guarantees an escalating ticket price for that event. Personally, I welcomed the idea of other series, if for no other reason, than to offset the ticket prices.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan

Indycars on the road coarse is coming.... If no in 2012 than 2013 ... Mark my words
    I think you are probably right. The only other thing that MAY make sense is to make it a special invitational/ non-points race - a'la the Vegas attempt just to make it different/interesting....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Absolutely I did Gary...... IMS is the holy grail of auto racing...the day Tony let NASCAR in was the day he legitimized it....

Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Did you feel that way when F1 was there or the motorcycle races? While I understand the sentiment, I also realize that it is ridiculous to have a huge facility like that with only one event per year. The upkeep on the place must be huge and to expect only one event to pay for that guarantees an escalating ticket price for that event. Personally, I welcomed the idea of other series, if for no other reason, than to offset the ticket prices.

Gary
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    F1 and motorcycles have a history with the Speedway. Just not a road course history.

So when does NASCAR start running the road course?