Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    Why does anyone believe we will see more than 4 or 5 ovals in 2013?

I understand the want... But this has been the trend, ratings and attendance certainly don't dictate a return
    Well, at least there have been talks with Chicagoland, Pocono, Phoenix and Michigan, if I'm correct.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There has?
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    50/50 at this point.
    $150 million promised by IMS

According to a UM-Baltimore County sports economics professor estimates that the race prompted only about $15 million in additional spending

Further, the race management firm is insolvent and has over $12 million in unpaid expenses, of which the city is owed $1.9 million.

The report says the Baltimore Grand Prix produced $440,000 in admissions and amusement tax revenue for the city, but state comptroller records show that amount is about as much as it collected for the city from sales of tickets and other taxed items during the entire month of September. And the figure is down more than 30 percent from collections a year earlier.

City logistical support for the event and $6.5 million in road improvements had been justified by big economic-benefit projections that did not prove accurate.

"Is this really what we mean by success?" said Coates, with the University of Maryland, Baltimore County.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    --I'm pretty sure that the Indianapolis Motor Speedway didn't promise anybody in Baltimore anything.---
    1) The CART figures Angstadt used to promote 3 day street festivals

--A what? Never heard of a Baltimore County sports economics professor and I'm pretty sure friends of mine who live there would object strongly to the County having one on the payroll.--
    2) The U of M - I'm pretty sure your friends object to education. I've read some incoherent ramblings from B'more fans

--The second part is obviously false--
    3) Sue the State for falsifying financial data, see #1

I'm enjoying watching the IRL become what it spent years and hundreds of millions of dollars to destroy.

Are you aware that since the IRL took over the the St. Pete GP, that St. Petersburg has become the saddest place to live in America?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ine-State.html

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    What is the average age of a citizen in St Petersburg? Could it be that everyone there is tired of seeing everyone around them dying all the time.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bugeyedgomer

Are you aware that since the IRL took over the the St. Pete GP, that St. Petersburg has become the saddest place to live in America?
    St. Pete has always been a dumpy city. It is actually 2 cities. One part is populated by retires from the North East. The other part is a typical inner-city style slum.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here is how the 2012 schedule will most likely look like when announced shortly. Unless something drastic happens, Texas will announce a 2 race event again this year making the 16 race count that Indycar needs to complete a schedule. That is pretty sad if you ask me.

Here is the 2012 Indycar season schedule..

March 25: St. Petersburg, Fla. (street circuit)
    April 1: Barber Motorsports Park (permanent road course)
    April 15: Long Beach, Calif. (street circuit)
    April 29: São Paulo, Brazil (street circuit)
    May 27: Indianapolis Motor Speedway (oval)
    June 3: Detroit (street circuit)
    June 9: Texas Motor Speedway (oval)
    June 23: Iowa Speedway (oval)
    July 8: Toronto (street circuit)
    July 22: Edmonton (street circuit)
    Aug. 5: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (permanent road course)
    Aug. 19: Qingdao, China (street circuit)
    Aug. 26: Infineon Raceway (permanent road course)
    Sept. 2: Baltimore (street circuit)
    Sept. 15: Auto Club Speedway (oval)
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    And the season will already end in September. But that also happened in 2006, 2007 and 2008, so that's nothing new. I like the schedule, as it's having enough street races. I like the racing on permanent road courses as well, but if I've to make a choice between permanent or temporary street courses, I definitely choose for that last one. It's also nice that the season will end at the Auto Club Speedway, where the season also ended in 2005. The season finale will be a night race again, like it was in 2010 at Homestead.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    50/50 at this point.
    The Baltimore Grand Prix website has been down for a couple of days now.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    The Baltimore Grand Prix website has been down for a couple of days now.
    Still having financial problems at Baltimore. Not good. Baltimore Racing Development has until December 31st of this year to pay back more than a million dollars in taxes.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion