Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    On the other hand; if you're not the real deal you won't be able to qualify on pole for the '500. Maybe I have to change my opinion a little bit. But even in his CART days when he drove for Team Players' Forsythe, he never impressed me.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schumacher180
    In my opinion that 5 million challenge is a big fail, Townsend Bell will also participate in Vegas so he also deserves that money if he wins, because he's not a full time IndyCar driver and NEVER has been. A pity Doornbos wasn't able to find a seat for that race.
    No drivers took the five million buck challenge and so it did fail. They replaced it with the GoDaddy Challenge and offered to pay a lucky fan and the reining Indy 500 champion $2.5 million each if Dan could win the race after starting at the rear of the field. It's an entirely different challenge than the one to which you were referring.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    And still I really don't like this thing.. If the series wants to call it the GoDaddy Challenge, then they better offer that 2,5 million to Princess and a fan if she wins it, because GoDaddy is more about her then hosting domains. It's weird isn't it? If the GoDaddy car would win the GoDaddy Challenge then the driver of the GoDaddy car doesn't even get that 2,5 million.... It's confusing to me, but I'll focus on the battle between Power and Franchitti anyway.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow, is all I have to say about the qualifying. Will Power gets the pole position and sets a new track record in the process with a 2 lap average of 219.283 mph!

And I am shocked Danica didnt qualify better than 14th. Mile and a half ovals are her specialty. Im hoping for a good race tomorrow.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Wow, is all I have to say about the qualifying. Will Power gets the pole position and sets a new track record in the process with a 2 lap average of 219.283 mph! And I am shocked Danica didnt qualify better than 14th. Mile and a half ovals are her specialty. Im hoping for a good race tomorrow.
    Dude, didn't she tell you (being her good buddy and all... or are you out of the loop now that she's going bigtime?) clearly she's just "phonin' it in" for the rest of the year, wouldn't want to push or anything and risk getting hurt as to jeopardize that big Nascar contract payout (e.g. Travis Pastrana). Plus she is well positioned for another top ten, a lot of downforce, a lot of blocking, a little luck tooling around about 3 mph per lap behind the leaders....The "brand" uber alles, racing... well, not so much...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    LOL porkchop out quals princess

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Wow, is all I have to say about the qualifying. Will Power gets the pole position and sets a new track record in the process with a 2 lap average of 219.283 mph!

And I am shocked Danica didnt qualify better than 14th. Mile and a half ovals are her specialty. Im hoping for a good race tomorrow.
    Great job by Power and his team. The qualifying "record" claim is a bit of a stretch, as it is a 2 lap record. The single lap record is still held by Sarah Fisher at 221.390 set in 2002.

But surprised by Danica? After she announced she was leaving, do you really think her team (or her for that matter) are really giving their best?. I am a bit surprised she qualified that high.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPVguy
    LOL porkchop out quals princess
    Porkchop was looking good today. I hope he and her driver do well tomorrow. I'm not happy about the BS around the #77 car. What was all that about? I would have liked to hear from someone in authority exactly why it did not pass inspection.

Loved seeing Dario bumped further down after each driver. I'm really surprised about Briscoe and Helio though. WTF happened there? I think we'll see an exciting race tomorrow. Much needed after the # of parades we've been having to watch lately.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think her going out 2nd hurt too. She would of done better had she gone out deeper in the session.