I have all the BTCC Review Videos from the 90's and most of those up until the mid 00's, however none post 2007....

Since 2007 ITV has upped its airtime for the BTCC and now the series has un-deniably the most comprahensive coverage in terms of viewing minutes ever known.

So why then am i watching the coverage of today's races at Knockhill and feeling the exact same dissapointment and frustration that i seem to have experienced with nearly every televised round of the series that i have watched over the past couple of years?

A bland stream of continous footage of the same groups of cars with no variation on in-car on board footage. Very few 'on-board' replay and analysis of incidents and the usual almost 40/60 percentage share of onboard/static trackside camera usage of the 90's.

The grid is large, the drivers are good and the racing generally is close. The coverage bland and boring. Bring back "in car" on board cameras, they all have them for use by TOCA with driver investigations and clearly they can be used 'LIVE' as they already are when on the bumpers or facing the drivers.

ITV's camera operators missed numerous big incidents today aswell as at other events and at no times were on-board cameras facilitated to make up for this on replays.

It's like losing a charasmatic good looking girlfriend for a dumb but good looking plank ...

Rant over. Discuss...