Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    an OK street race, the series has had better and worse this year. Good to see such a great crowd and perfect weather. They need to get rid of the chicanes and find another passing zone, but otherwise seemed like a reasonable enough layout. Certainly one of the nicest looking races we've had all year. The long yellows were very strange, I agree. I was stepping away to do other things while the yellows were going on and confused why race control didn't get back to green sooner. I assumed it was due to racing order, but for the most part it was an incident free race and yet a good 30-45 mins were under yellow..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Who dumped the oil on pitroad?
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    Who dumped the oil on pitroad?
    Barnhart?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickFalzone
    Barnhart?
    I wouldn't doubt it.

Seriously over a half an hour to restart a few cars and clean up some oil?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It was either Andretti or Wilson that. dumped oil from the entrance to turn 4 all the way through to the pit lane. We were hearing that they were very concerned with the oil being on the course through turn 5 since everyone was so concerned with the area.

I just got home. Good lord was it HOT today. IF you weren't in the shade, It was miserably hot! We watched the Lights race from under the trees along the strait along Russel street. Unfortunately, our jumbotron today was just a video leader board. We all had a plast all weekend. I talked to people from all over the country and several other countries. The crowds were amazing all weekend and everyone I talked to can't wait for next year. Talked to Kevin Kalkoven and TK in the paddock this morning about TK's crash. Tony said it was "scary as HELL having zero brakes."

I've been telling people on these boards for years that the Inner Harbor of Baltimore was THE place to hold a street race on the East coast, and I think we proved that this weekend. AS great of an event as this weekend was, imagine how good it can be when they actually have a year experience under their belt!
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    I've been telling people on these boards for years that the Inner Harbor of Baltimore was THE place to hold a street race on the East coast, and I think we proved that this weekend. AS great of an event as this weekend was, imagine how good it can be when they actually have a year experience under their belt!
    I missed being there just because I'm pretty familiar with that area. It looked like a good first time effort. With some tweaks and a good passing zone, this could be one of the better circuits going forward. And yeah, it certainly looked like a good turn out. The ALMS race also looked pretty good.

As for the race itself, I think Rahal made a good point after the race. There was no reason (that we could see) to have the caution out that long.

From theory to (now) fact: Chris Kneifel > Brian Barnhart
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That yellow was ridiculously long. Basically gave the race to those who had pitted, except Power.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Wilson('s CAR)? Pantano? It was hard to hear on the radio.

Well, apparently I have to wait for the re-broadcast. My daughter changed the channel.I had both races recording and she stopped the damn wrong one.... grrrrr.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Marco, oil line.

rh
    "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If they repave the frontstretch and ditch the chicane they'll have a first class event going forward.

Anyway, I saw a worker I know who was on the corner for the TK crash, I can't wait to talk to him about the blue flagger and the condition of his or her pants. That was crazy...If it were me I'd have been ready to bolt whenever I was on blue flag! FYI Sonoma had a pretty bad station just before the last corner as well.

Perhaps an even closer moment was had by the crew of one of the Holmatro Saftey Trucks. They were driving counter-race when the green flag fell on the Indy race and barely made it into the T1 cutoff! Baltimore Gran Prix Indy Car start - YouTube
    Formula Platypus 2012