Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    petrov has a drive because of all the incentives and money coming to the team, via Russia....including meetings with Putin and so on.

Talent????? hahaha...maybe if he drives an F1 car long enough, he will get better.

Then there is Senna. Donot kid yourself about some BS of "senna-Lotus" bringing back memories as to why he is there.....

it is all about money.......another pay driver
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Heidi is a has been and was never a great driver. With his decision to sue Renault he puts an end to a not very illustrious career. But I really hope that Bruno will not be another Badoer as Mekola said. The qualifying against Klien was pretty embarrassing.
    The qualifying against Klien was embarrassing? Only embarrassing? Then what about barely being faster than Sakon Yamamoto?!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Renault might regret this if they can't keep ahead of Force India and Sauber for the rest of the year.

Senna is only confirmed for Spa, so expect to see Grosjean in the car and maybe one or two others! How many drivers are one team allowed during the season?
    Not sure why people continue to mention Renault in this whole mess.
    This team is not Renault team it's Genii Lotus whatever team with Renault engines and no money.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Wait, so if your boss breaks your contract and fires you without any reason from your job as the janitor, you will just take it willingly and accept it, because otherwise you would be a douchebag?
    Looks like he would, he would probably even say thank you for the boot!
    But hey there are billions of such people out there, and that's fine with me.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    I don't think the blame should be laid ar Eric's door. Danny Bahr will be the culpret if the company falls on its knees. Tony might allow himself a wry smile, especially if ends up buying the 'other' Lotus name at a knockdown price.

What goes around comes around......

Still Boullier is just a clown.

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    One of the funniest things that I've read so far about Heidfeld losing his seat is the fact that Renault is only a number of points behind Mercedes in the constructors and that apparently by Senna now coming in to join that Mercedes can now relax a little more for the rest of the season!!
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister
    One of the funniest things that I've read so far about Heidfeld losing his seat is the fact that Renault is only a number of points behind Mercedes in the constructors and that apparently by Senna now coming in to join that Mercedes can now relax a little more for the rest of the season!!
    I think that demonstrates just how 'hard up' this team is. Will they be here next year? That is two years in a row now they have asked Bernie for an advance of the TV money. Does not sound good, does it......
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    In my opinion, Lotus Renault GP(*) is just not doing well as a team, point. First, their car has lost its pace throughout the year. Next, there were constant rumors in the press of financial struggles within the team. There was a speculation that they might switch to the less expensive engine, and later some whining about how little money the Russians and Lotus are giving the them. Instead of acknowledging this new reality, they try to shift blame onto Nick Heidfeld and they use that as an excuse to recruit another pay driver. That's the way I view it. Performance wise, Nick has been on the same level with Petrov, add or subtract a few points, which implies that both drivers are limited by the capability of the car. It's just a lousy team and it will keep on going down. I actually kind of feel a little sorry that Petrov had signed a two year contract with them.

(that's the name the team is registered with according to wikipedia)

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Money bought Senna the drive apparently:

Heidfeld hoping High Court action can restore his Renault drive by Singapore - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

"This position is disputed by the team for apparently purely financial reasons. We do not intend to rest before Nick's legal position has been fully restored."
    I guess we all figured this anyway.