Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Does barnhardt keep his job?

Some scuttlebutt going around that Brian was instructed to get the race in during the TV window and the call to go green came Bernard....

If so that might save his job

If not I simply can't see how he makes thru the week?

Thoughts? Discuss?
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    BB has made it this far, don't think there is gonna be any large shakeup.
    I really hope not, but I know a lot of people are upset, and continue to be upset week after week.

It really is hard to be an IndyCar fan sometimes.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IF Bernard made that call, he needs a good talking to..... IF Barnhart made that call, it should be the end of the line - he might have done a decent job when if was the "b" league - but he has not cut it since the mergification......

IF they want a clean and concise TV presentation, they need to move to tape delay - even if only by an hour or two - then all they have to do is say "and they drove around the track under caution for the next half hour) and it fits nice and neatly into the tv slot.....

Honestly, I think it is time to consider that.... I am pretty happy to watch a race I know the results of IF I know the presentation is good and it offers a little more than a live presentation would have (more in depth coverage, a little more time on key race events)... I think we have reached a point that we know everything instantly and that the real thing TV can offer than NOBODY else can is a well orchestrated, documented and in depth coverage of the race even if you do not see every lap live (as long as they include all the important stuff....)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Although I'm not sure Randy and company know it .... IMO neither cotman or al jr are the right guy for the job ...

An equally pertinent question is who would replace him?
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Al Jr. MIGHT be - he might be the sort who, when given authority, uses it well.... I am not sure he is so effective when he is just a cog in the wheel..... I am not advocating for him - just saying he COULD be ok...... I know this is going to sound crazy - but Paul Tracy may be the man for the job..... if not him how about Derrick Walker??

Here is hoping there is a job that needs to be filled!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I doubt BB will be let go. He's done it before and I'm sure this won't be the last bad call he makes.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    Although I'm not sure Randy and company know it .... IMO neither cotman or al jr are the right guy for the job ...

An equally pertinent question is who would replace him?
    I agree about Cotman and Al jr. And according to Miller, Cotman won't take the job. Al jr has, to me, shown a lack of character in some of his off track incidents. I haven't been impressed by the three in Race Control and think they should clean house.

The answer maybe someone who isn't a "name" , but just for playing along, how about Tom Kendell? I thought when he was on tv for CC that he had good thoughts on what is racing and what is over the top.

edit: Forgot to answer to original question. Yes I think Barnhardt will keep his job. I don't think anything will happen. It never has before.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    STARTER for Chief Steward!!! LOL.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have never been a big Barnhart hater. The guy has made some bad calls, yesterday being a prime example, but what race steward hasn't? On the other hand, isn't this like his last year in race control anyway? I thought I read something like, once the new cars get on track, Cotman will be the one in charge?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He should leave immediately for the good of Indycar .
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!