NASCAR - JENSEN: What Now, Kentucky?

By now, the whole world knows about the debacle at Kentucky Speedway on Saturday.

By Bruton Smith’s own estimate, as many as 20,000 fans never even made it into the track for the inaugural Quaker State 400, which was won convincingly by Kyle Busch.

Eager race fans by the thousands spent six hours or more in traffic only to be turned away when they arrived at the track because there weren’t enough parking spaces to accommodate the crowd. Others simply turned around in frustration.
Some of you who have been around on this forum for a long time may remember the vociferous debates that occured on whether or not NASCAR should award a Sprint Cup date to the Kentucky Speedway. I used to argue that the yahoos who built this track were doing it just to make a lot of money and didn't deserve one. I think Saturday night proved that point. This track should stick with the lower level series that it's been running since it's beginning. I say, move the race back to Atlanta where the State of Georgia put a lot of money into improving access to the track. Maybe when SMI and Kentucky finishes building the ifrastructure for track that deserves a Sprint Cup race, then maybe they will return.