Page 38 of 203 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    So the list is up now. Abbring is still listed as German.... Idiots.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Does anyone know how the starting order will be on day 1? Does the new shakedown = qualifying rule apply here? Or will they start according to last year's final standings (or starting numbers in case of no points)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky
    A rally fan is some lunatic who is willing to travel half a globe to see cars drive on some roads.

Liked 661 Times in 320 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomanSP206
    Does anyone know how the starting order will be on day 1? Does the new shakedown = qualifying rule apply here? Or will they start according to last year's final standings (or starting numbers in case of no points)?
    The new Shakedown thing only applies to gravel rallies. I believe it's as per normal - previous year, and then classification order for subsequent days.

Liked 11,169 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Qualifying shakedown is used only on loose surface events so I think Sweden will be first.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomanSP206
    Start order 6 pm Tuesday I think.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Thank you for your answers!
    In the meantime, I found the 2012 WRC Sporting Regulations: http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public...Appendices.pdf
    I quote:
    "45.3 START ORDER OF THE RALLY

45.3.1 P1 and P2 drivers
    On gravel rallies, P1 and P2 drivers shall start the first section of the rally according to the position they
    have chosen following the qualifying stage.
    On asphalt rallies, P1 and P2 drivers shall start the first section of the rally in the order of the provisional
    classification of the World Rally Championship for Drivers for the current year. For the first round of the
    Championship, the start order shall be that of the final classification of the previous year. The FIA shall
    decide the order of drivers who have not been classified in the previous World Rally Championship for
    Drivers.
    45.3.2 P3 drivers
    P3 drivers shall start the first section of the rally in the order of the provisional classification of their
    respective Championships for the current year. For the first round of the Championship, the start order
    shall be that of the final classification of the previous year. The FIA shall decide the order of drivers who
    have not been classified in the previous year.
    45.3.3 Other drivers
    All other drivers shall start as recommended by the organiser.

45.4 START ORDER FOR SUBSEQUENT DAYS
    45.4.1 The start order for the first section on subsequent days shall be based on the classification at the
    finish of the final special stage of the previous day excluding super special stages if run at the end of the
    day.
    45.4.2 P1 and P2 drivers
    On gravel rallies, P1 and P2 drivers will restart as a merged group in reverse order according to their
    provisional overall classification.
    On asphalt rallies, P1 and P2 drivers shall normally restart as a merged group in the order of their
    provisional overall classification.
    45.4.3 P3 drivers and all other drivers
    P3 drivers and all other drivers shall normally restart as a merged group after the P1 and P2 drivers in the
    order of their provisional classification."
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky
    A rally fan is some lunatic who is willing to travel half a globe to see cars drive on some roads.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear
    So the list is up now. Abbring is still listed as German.... Idiots.
    No, it is perfect. VW needs a talented German driver to keep the home front happy. So with Kevin Abbring they have their new Walter Rohrl, only one who has a Dutch accent. :lol:
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alleskids
    only one who has a Dutch accent. :lol:
    ..and nationality! :P

OT: I'm SOO excited for the Monte to start, finally the talk will be about the driving again and not about the politics and money. I'm a bit afraid Loeb will have it fairly easy though, hopefully someone wil be able to challenge him.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for Your replies
    now i'm trying to locate rally maps and figure out my way around the place =o)
    maps are not available from official wrc site though.
    where do You get them guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by rage82
    Hi, we are also going to Montre for the rally. We are arriving on 19-th in the evening so we are missing the two days around Valence. On 20-th we will try to watch 2 out of 3 stages (ss 12 and ss 13). On saturday I think it's possible to watch only 2 stages and on sunday there's only the powerstage. We have booked an apartment in Nice because it's very close to Monte Carlo and to saturday and sunday stages. You can also rent a car from Nice airport or from the city of Nice. Have an enjoyable rally!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    We usually stay at BB Hotels or Etap in Valance (for northern stages) and Menton (for southern stages). These are really cheap and good enough for the short sleep needed between stages. If I remember right there is a free wi-fi internet as well (it used to be quite overloaded in BB which was otherwise better than Etap). The advantage of Etap in Valance is that it is close to service park where You can get just by walking.

Reserver votre hotel b&b en France - B&B Hotels
    Cheap hotel Etap Hotel - Book hotel at a reasonable price

Liked 11,169 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump