Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    A question about the LED rain lights on the cars.

Why did the Saubers still have their lights flashing after they had put slicks on?
    They had an interview with Anthony Davidson on Silverstone TV yesterday explaining the Mercedes steering wheel. Basically the driver has to change a "mode" on the wheel depending on whether they're on slicks/inters/wet tyres as they have different radii, so the pit lane limiter can be calibrated correctly. If the driver selects the inter or wet option the flashing light automatically comes on, so I guess they forgot to change the mode back when they put slicks on?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    I thought Red Bull didn't use team orders?
    I haven't decided which is funnier, alot of people on here equating hold position as a team order when most teams do it to prevent their drivers from either crashing into each other, or to conserve their cars/engines for future races when there is nothing for the team to gain other then possibly their drivers swapping positions

Or Webber being told to hold position, ignoring the order and STILL finishing behind Vettel.... HAHAHA
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    It was exxciting stuff by both of them. Although Webber lost his lead at the start which was gamble considering starting with intermediate tyres on a bone dry track was hard for all, I would say he put in a great performance today. Vettel defended well but was under alot of pressure from a faster Mark. I certainly wouldn't laugh at Marks performance today.
    Wasn't laughing at his performance today, But when your told 4 times by your team to not race your team-mate at the end of the race, and you choose ignore the order, still finish behind your team-mate, and then tell the world in an interview that you ignored the order, considering the post race debrief he will have to go to afterwards, I think that's darn funny...
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I can't believe they told him 4 times in two laps!!
    I hadn't been aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by christophulus
    Webber: How did you feel about being told to hold gap? 'Not fine with it. If Fernando retired on last lap, we were fighting for a win.' Webber says there were about four radio conversations about this 'but I didn't say a lot back. I decided to ignore it'
    http://twitter.com/#!/mauricehamilton
    Ahem....

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Fun race. I am happy that Ferrari finally won - Alonso deserved it, a great, great driver. Vettel drove very well too and despite the team orders deserved 2nd, as Webber ignored them anyway. Mark is on his way out of the team, maybe.
    Formula 1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Formula 1
    Just read this It made me laugh, I wonder if mclaren would be able to afford the fuel for the next race with that massive fine!
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Fun race. I am happy that Ferrari finally won - Alonso deserved it, a great, great driver. Vettel drove very well too and despite the team orders deserved 2nd, as Webber ignored them anyway. Mark is on his way out of the team, maybe.
    Yes, it seems to me Mark is all but gone.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 00steven
    Yes, it seems to me Mark is all but gone.
    I doubt that. I reckon he'll be at RBR next year. If he isn't though, I really do believe that Hammy should consider a move to RBR if it is on the cards, then we'd see how good Vettel truly is.

What a wet weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed it though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    I thought Red Bull didn't use team orders?
    Monday through Saturday that applies - Sunday - day of worship for their God (Vettel)!!!
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Channel 10, you've truly outdone yourself. Not only did the OneHD website crash before the start of the race, but the Channel 10 coverage on Freeview was delayed by TWO hours, including being delayed half an hour delayed for a delayed telecast.

People in South Sudan saw the British GP live, and we've only just started our coverage after the race ended because of NCIS and Hawaii-Five-****ing-O.
    Book 'em Danno!
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.