Quote Originally Posted by Bolton Midnight

The truth often upsets those unable to accept it and that's why they will continue to flounder in this stupid belief that everything American is great and wonderful when the rest of the world knows it's second rate at best.

So far Marco has proved that the best of the Stateside series are way below what is required in Europe and F1 in particular, but the rest of the world already knows that, just a few dumb asses that don't.
So , I will take that as a yes , then , will I ?

You praise his grandfather , but then , he's Italian , right ?
He cut his teeth in the good ol' US .

There have been a few Yanks that have done pretty well , Bolton .
To dismiss Marco outright , for being born American , and raised in the American racing environment is pretty petty .
How did you like that demo at Indy where Jeffy got within a second of Juan in a few laps ? You think Juan slowed down for Jeffy ?
Do you think Jeffy will slow down for Juan , now he's in that cup car ?

Oh , yeah , I guess Juan is South American , being Columbian .

While it is true that not everything American is great , it is not true that it is second rate at best .
Your bias against America is no different from those about whom you generalize .

Marco is not necessarily the best that there is , stateside , but has , at least some good experience he can draw from his lineage , and a boatload of potential in the marketting end of things .
We shall see if he gets more time , as the numbers will mean more to the engineers , than to us .