Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryfullalove
    Top drive for Foster though, definitely deserved getting that 2nd place as he didn't get shaken once he let Collard through. For what is effectively an 'old boy' ploughing in some cash to enjoy himself (a la John George, Shaun Hollamby et al) he's certainly got some pace, and getting better all the time.
    One in the eye to those — including me, on occasion — who have denigrated the current BTCC line-up as being too full of amateur/gentleman drivers. Foster's drives yesterday in races two and three were every bit as good as anyone else's, and much better than many.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Webster

The turbo cars qualified slower than they did last year. The only driver/car to beat their time from last year and go quicker....... Plato.
    Yeah thats cos the Chevy is 25kgs lighter than last year. duh.
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurotech
    Yeah thats cos the Chevy is 25kgs lighter than last year. duh.
    And someone biased poster above does not yet seem to understand the difference of these two engines ... oh dear ... he is still talking about speedtrap numbers ... I guess acceleration/torque does not mean nothing then

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    You can't equalise torque...the engines just have different characteristics as the diesel engines did vs the petrols. I think as it stands we're about as equal as it's going to get.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    And someone biased poster above does not yet seem to understand the difference of these two engines ... oh dear ... he is still talking about speedtrap numbers ... I guess acceleration/torque does not mean nothing then
    Your expertise in mechanical engineering was obviously learnt at the expense of your english. Would you like to explain and express an opinion rather than an attempt at wit?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Perhaps English isn't his first language?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Perhaps English isn't his first language?
    A good point, and if so then I apologise for that comment. It would be nice for the torque point to be explained though

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    if you manage to equalise the engines then you HAVE to equalize the handling of the cars also. never going to happen. on a circuit quite favourable to power the S2000's were thouroughly competitive. in the twisty stuff they will murder most of the turbos
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    if you manage to equalise the engines then you HAVE to equalize the handling of the cars also. never going to happen. on a circuit quite favourable to power the S2000's were thouroughly competitive. in the twisty stuff they will murder most of the turbos
    I think the point is that parity shouldn't have been promised in the first place if it weren't possible.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    if you manage to equalise the engines then you HAVE to equalize the handling of the cars also.
    I'm not sure why.