Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Senna Movie

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce D
    Well I've read that book and yes it is biased towards Prost and I am a Prost fan, but as they admit, he has the advantage of still being able to speak about things. It is more interesting than this movie though.

I've actually just finished watching the movie and I felt it was a total let down after all the hype. Badly edited in places (why do 1988 turbo cars sound like V10 engines in the Japanese GP segment?), some things rather conveniently left out which might have put him in a bad light. Overall I thought it was a very average film that could have been done better, certainly not a quality of movie I was expecting. To brush straight past Donington 1993 reduces the value of the film right there. Seems like a low budget production really.
    Agree with this totally. They ****ed up bigtime there.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce D
    Well I've read that book and yes it is biased towards Prost and I am a Prost fan, but as they admit, he has the advantage of still being able to speak about things. It is more interesting than this movie though.

I've actually just finished watching the movie and I felt it was a total let down after all the hype. Badly edited in places (why do 1988 turbo cars sound like V10 engines in the Japanese GP segment?), some things rather conveniently left out which might have put him in a bad light. Overall I thought it was a very average film that could have been done better, certainly not a quality of movie I was expecting. To brush straight past Donington 1993 reduces the value of the film right there. Seems like a low budget production really.
    In order to have the film appeal to all, not just seasoned F1 die hards, they could not possibly have crammed everything into under 2 hours of footage. Something had to give I am afraid or the normal watching public would have got very bored. Get the DVD and watch the extended cut - still not enough space for everything though.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    I too was very surprised they didn't include Donington. I know there was limited space but just 2 minutes could have had the entire first lap and comments.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    I too was very surprised they didn't include Donington. I know there was limited space but just 2 minutes could have had the entire first lap and comments.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Couldn't fit it in during editing and it ended up as clip on the final credits.

It's been analysed to death and wholeheartedly agree with the Brazil commentator that 1993 was arguably Senna's best/greatest season. Besides, Senna himself said that race was not the best win, Portugal 1985 was better because he had no driver aids.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

DVD & Blu Ray Release.

The release date for the DVD & Blu Ray is the 10th October 2011 according to Amazon.

Also found this interesting limited edition:

Senna - Limited Collector's Edition Triple Play Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy - With 1:12 F1 Lotus Model: Amazon.co.uk: Ayrton Senna, Alain Prost, Frank Williams, Asif Kapadia: Film & TV

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The release date for the DVD & Blu Ray is the 10th October 2011 according to Amazon.
    Must have !
    One of a hand full of driving-genius!

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    I just watched this movie last night .

What impressed me the most was the lengths they must have gone to , to get the moments shown in the film .

As they spoke about how Ferrari dumped Prost , they showed the very moment that they peeled his name off the car . I find it almost unbelieveable that they could find that moment of time in the archives .

This film represents a monumental task in editting , and I must salute it's makers .

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    As they spoke about how Ferrari dumped Prost , they showed the very moment that they peeled his name off the car . I find it almost unbelieveable that they could find that moment of time in the archives .

This film represents a monumental task in editting , and I must salute it's makers .
    I believe that the shots of Ferrari taking down the hoarding outside the garage and taking his name off the car were included in the 1991 season review video (its a tragic yet impressive fact that I have the reviews of every F1 season from 1970 - 2011) so it's likely that the film makers took those shots from the master of that review. However there is loads of previously little / unseen footage in Senna, including Ayrton qualifying in his Lotus Renault, the sheer speed and car control is mind boggling, seeing the car move about that much on super sticky qualifying tyres is quite amazing, just shows how much on the limit of adhesion he was.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by philipbain
    I believe that the shots of Ferrari taking down the hoarding outside the garage and taking his name off the car were included in the 1991 season review video (its a tragic yet impressive fact that I have the reviews of every F1 season from 1970 - 2011) so it's likely that the film makers took those shots from the master of that review. However there is loads of previously little / unseen footage in Senna, including Ayrton qualifying in his Lotus Renault, the sheer speed and car control is mind boggling, seeing the car move about that much on super sticky qualifying tyres is quite amazing, just shows how much on the limit of adhesion he was.
    How about the moment with Ratzenburger , just before the incident that took his life ?
    And , the footage with Ron in the driver's meetings ?

Lots of digging , then harsh decision-making in the process of this film .