Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Simoncelli just proved Lorenzo's point by possibly injuring Pedrosa.

Unimpressive.

Broken right collarbone for Pedrosa.

EDIT: Doesn't look so black and white in hindsight. Looks more unfortunate than anything.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    If you look from the reverse angle it looks definitely to be Simoncelli's fault, rode clean around and then into him. From the front I thought the decision was unfair but I think it was fair now.

Pity for Pedrosa Broken collarbone. Good to see Lorenzo get mugged more than once
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    If you look from the reverse angle it looks definitely to be Simoncelli's fault, rode clean around and then into him. From the front I thought the decision was unfair but I think it was fair now.

Pity for Pedrosa Broken collarbone. Good to see Lorenzo get mugged more than once
    The thing that blurs it is that Pedrosa stood the bike up quite early in the corner.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    The thing that blurs it is that Pedrosa stood the bike up quite early in the corner.
    Perhaps, but I thought the bike stood up because he got hit?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Perhaps, but I thought the bike stood up because he got hit?
    I was thinking that there may have been 2 hits but I didn't see a clear enough replay.

If there was a hit that made him stand the bike up then Simoncelli's penalty was justified.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For mine, it's Simoncelli's fault. Pedrosa stood it up when Simoncelli laid it over right in front of him and left Dani nowhere to go. Sucks for Dani, he was finally getting healed.

Flawless race by Stoner, really made use of his practice pace. I though Marco would get closer in the early stages. The battle for 4th/2nd was a beaut. Lorenzo was on edge and pushed a little past it to cost him a chance of the podium. Rossi and Ducati are kind of improving and had a great fight with Dovi who I was impressed with his mental toughness to not crack under the pressure. Not sure what it says about the field that Simoncelli could run off the track, recieve a ride-through penalty and still finish 5th...
    Get off my lawn

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I don't really attribute fault in that one. Simoncelli put a hard move in but Pedrosa would have seen him and for some reason stood the bike up. It's certainly harsh to give a ride through, especially when Rossi got nothing for what was a much clearer incident at Jerez.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    I agree with the above really. Simoncelli must have been braking on the outside at the very latest point possible to make the corner which he did, but then Pedrosa sits the bike up like he wasnt going to make it. My feeling at the time was a racing incident, and I cant help but feel that all of Lorenzos crying about Simoncelli got him the penalty as we have seen as bad, if not worse moves go without penalty! Its gutting for Danny though as he was looking very strong, coming back from his injury and is now back to square one again with another shoulder injury.

Also disappointing was Cal crashing out when pushing hard to pass Spies, but I guess these things happen when you are on the very edge and chasing the very best riders in the world.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster

*Added: just saw the DePuniet incident and I think Casey's actions were perfectly justifiable in this situation. Randy was dawdling along and swerved onto the raceline causing Stoner to brake hard to avoid incident. It was dangerous and Randy should've been more awake.
    Seriously?! You think its ok to punch people at that kind of speed, what kind of example would it set for the future?! We would have riders going round kicking and punching all the time after being blocked if the officials didnt do anything!