I have been thinking about making a change in the way the pickems are scored-definitely for next year, and maybe even for this year (I could make them "retroactive" simply by rescoring the spreadsheets I already have done-but that would pretty much require a unaminous yes vote by all the "main players" who are involved in the pickems). It would really be quite simple for me to do, the hard work of typing in the players and their picks on the spreadsheets aleady have been done, obviously, so its just a matter of recounting the bonus points.

What I am proposing is the following:

Awarding 3 bonus points (up from 2) to the player(s) who correctly pick the race winner.

Awarding 2 bonus points (up from 1) to the player(s) who correctly pick any other top 10 finisher in their respective slot.

Leaving any other pick who makes it into the top 10 at 1 point.

We have been having way too many ties this year, not really a problem in and of itself, but when you have so few people that are in it for the long haul, the specter of a "tied season" really becomes a possibilty. Since wins are the tie breaker for the season standings, I really see where this could end up being a problem.

I have not run through any simulations as of this time, so as to not have any data clouding my thoughts on this change if we did vote to make it retroactive.

SO...in summary, the total number of possible points scored in a week would increase to 31 instead of 21....

If you got everything right that would be 4 points for the race winner, plus 3 points each for the other top 10 positions (4+27=31). Right now its only 3 points total for the winner of the race. By changing it it makes it harder for the people who dont pick actual positions correctly to catch back up by picking more drivers in the rest of the top 10 , thereby reducing the number of ties.

Im posting a poll in this thread, but please also leave a post with a yes or no vote if you are one of the "main players" in any of the three pickems as there is no way for me to know who voted what by the poll.

As far as I can tell, those players are (in no particular order):

Alexamateo
Djarumdudley
Sparky1329
Damg75
Princess4e
Slorydn1
Themo

A yes vote means that you want to make the change retroactive to the beginning of the season, a no vote means that you do not.

If the result ends up being no, then the change won't be made at all this year, but it will probably be made for next year regardless.