Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

Hamilton and Webber equally deserving..
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    For me the drivers of the race were Lewis Hamilton and Mark Webber. Can't really seperate them today.

Other mentions

Massa - Iknow he finished only 6th, but was losing grip on older tyres, he outraced Alonso all day and could have finished higher in other circumstances.

Schumacher - A good comeback from 14th to 8th. Battled hard and raced well.

Kovalainen - A good solid race for Team Lotus, finished ahead of Maldonado and Perez and only 1 lap down.

D'Ambrosio - Out performed Glock all weekend. Couldn't have done anymore in that car so beat his team mate well.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Hamilton went longer in the middle stint which enabled him to have tyres that were 6 laps newer than Vettel. Lewis should get credit for managing his tyres in order for this type of strategy to work, which the drivers around him hadn't done to that degree. Rosberg was locking his wheels left right and centre and I don't really see how he can be compared in his race management to Lewis to be honest. Lewis wasn't the only driver who had a great race and it was nice to see Mercedes up there squabbling for points but the only drivers in the last 7 laps who were charging for a podium were Hamilton and Webber who clearly handled the conditions in the closing stages better than anyone else IMO. Webber had the advantage of his last stint being on soft's and McLaren had the advantage of making their soft's earlier in the race last longer than Red Bull.
    well said
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Lewis and Webber were both great, honourable mention to Massa as well. I was dissapointed with Rosberg today, surely his best ever chance to win a grand prix?
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Hamilton & Webber. Very hard to pick one driver as both looked like their races were finished after 12 laps.

Can't believe no one's mentioned this but solid drive from Massa and back to his best (form, another story....)

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Hamilton & Webber. Very hard to pick one driver as both looked like their races were finished after 12 laps.

Can't believe no one's mentioned this but solid drive from Massa and back to his best (form, another story....)

Faded a bit at the end but he was excellent today.

Tie between Hamilton and Webber though. Great drives I would never have put money on!

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Webber for me. Then Massa, then Hamilton.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    Other mentions

Massa - Iknow he finished only 6th, but was losing grip on older tyres, he outraced Alonso all day and could have finished higher in other circumstances.

Schumacher - A good comeback from 14th to 8th. Battled hard and raced well.

Kovalainen - A good solid race for Team Lotus, finished ahead of Maldonado and Perez and only 1 lap down.

D'Ambrosio - Out performed Glock all weekend. Couldn't have done anymore in that car so beat his team mate well.
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    I mentioned it.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hands down, Webber. Hamilton did a great job, but a win from his place wasn't out of the question... it was a plausible outcome. Webber being on the podium though? Comical ....never happen....
    Ooops...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hamilton, especially after the late drama before heading to the grid which could've messed up his concentration. Webber too for a storming drive at the end, shame he didn't start on those tyres!

Honourable mention to Pirelli for one of the most exciting races I've seen for a while, caused by the tyres slowly degrading rather than completely falling apart