Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I loved watching the BTCC this weekend, am i the only one that likes to see incident packed races?? I totaly agree with a lot of you about the driving standards and the amount of contact that occured at Donnington but as a spectator i loved it. If i was a competitor then yeh ok.. i would be asking some serious questions about the people that im racing against and moaning at the race stewards after every race. But im not competing! The WTCC has what i call clean sterile racing with very few battles and to be honest i find it dull to watch.

Anybody else think that Neate is out of his depth in BTCC?? He was one of drivers that i thought drove esspecially bad.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Torg22
    I loved watching the BTCC this weekend, am i the only one that likes to see incident packed races??
    No. You know, yesterday eve I was not in great mood and than I watched the taped races and was very entertained. Great stuff
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    No. You know, yesterday eve I was not in great mood and than I watched the taped races and was very entertained. Great stuff
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Torg22
    I loved watching the BTCC this weekend, am i the only one that likes to see incident packed races?? I totaly agree with a lot of you about the driving standards and the amount of contact that occured at Donnington but as a spectator i loved it. If i was a competitor then yeh ok.. i would be asking some serious questions about the people that im racing against and moaning at the race stewards after every race. But im not competing! The WTCC has what i call clean sterile racing with very few battles and to be honest i find it dull to watch.
    I like drivers actually using their brains to overtake the car in front, not just using brute force and battering their opponent out of the way because it's easier. Maybe if you're just a casual fan you can distance yourself from it all and enjoy the crashing, but when you follow a few drivers closely, you can get really cheesed off with them being punted off all the time and a victim of someone else's lack of skill. I enjoy a bit of side by side action, but I've seen too many disappointed mechanics when their car is in bits and heard too many stories of people having to end or miss events in their season because they have picked up too much damage through no fault of their own.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Formula 1

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    Also bear in mind that we have a large number of rookies or relative rookies in the series this year, and quite a few were involved in incidents today.
    I don't really agree with this.

Shedden caused Plato's roll with blatant stupidity going down Craner Curves, and Tom Chilton and Matt Neal have notoriously poor driving standards and have proven so over the years - in fact some of the "rookies" standards are much better - James Nash and Andrew Jordan for example.
    Niente č vero, tutto č permesso

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezza
    Shedden caused Plato's roll with blatant stupidity going down Craner Curves
    I'm not really with you on that. I'd put that one down to a racing incident. The contact was quite slight, but had big consequences.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Shedden's been quite bump happy this year though for some reason. Tapping someone going through a notorious turn where cars get unbalanced isn't smart and is more likely to lead to a bad end result. He should and would know that, so i'm not sure "racing incident" can be used for "total brain fade".
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I feel that the Plato incident was more of an accident than anything, not mallicious. But i must agree that Shedden's driving has been quite aggresive so far this year. I still think his moves on Boardman at Brands was amonst some of the worst driving ive seen in the BTCC due to being premeditated, i'm amazed he didnt pick up any penalty points.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezza
    I don't really agree with this.

Shedden caused Plato's roll with blatant stupidity going down Craner Curves, and Tom Chilton and Matt Neal have notoriously poor driving standards and have proven so over the years - in fact some of the "rookies" standards are much better - James Nash and Andrew Jordan for example.
    What I don't understand about Chilton is how his driving has deteriorated over the years. He really showed some good potential without hitting anyone in late 2004 and again in his part season in 2005 with the Star Wars Honda, but since he moved to VXR, then Dynamics and back to Arena, he's not the same driver.
    You lot still here?!