Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    A big factor today was circuit design: a long enough straight to give DRS a chance to work, followed by a sequence of corners which means the overtaker still has to do a lot of work, and the overtakee has a fighting chance of regaining the place rather than it becoming a fait accompli.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    A big factor today was circuit design: a long enough straight to give DRS a chance to work, followed by a sequence of corners which means the overtaker still has to do a lot of work, and the overtakee has a fighting chance of regaining the place rather than it becoming a fait accompli.
    Agreed. It seems to cancel out to some extent the whole turbulence thing.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Still crap. Overtaking has become worthless.
    Alonso vs Hamilton without DRS was a highly enjoyable battle, that's what racing look likes, in case some do not know.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Was that a bit of praise for Hermann Tilke?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Still crap. Overtaking has become worthless.
    Alonso vs Hamilton without DRS was a highly enjoyable battle, that's what racing look likes, in case some do not know.
    Only because Hamilton had issues.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Reliability remains a concern though, as does the apparent difference in the effect it has on everyone's cars. Renault, for example were just ballistic with DRS engaged, whereas for other teams it seem to do little/nothing.
    Some of the difference in effect may have been down to gearing, some teams may have gone for a long top gear if they anticipated being in a lot of traffic.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    You've also got to give Pirelli a fair bit of credit. Their tyres permit a number of strategies, meaning we saw old booted cars mixing with fresh rubbered ones, leading to some very tasty passes lasting three or more corners.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    So what? It's racing with issues or not.
    Since when makes an undeserved advantage attributed by the governing body based on need for show part of racing?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Honestly the tires' performance was all over the place, no credit deserved by anyone for that.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL
    Some of the difference in effect may have been down to gearing, some teams may have gone for a long top gear if they anticipated being in a lot of traffic.
    It did cross my mind. The renaults were the only ones playing pin ball on the rev limit in Q, but that could have been wind direction or any number of other factors.
    All other opinions are wrong....