Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 LastLast
    Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    Is all the DRS whining and pouting still going on?

I'd much prefer they sort out the aero of the cars myself, but DRS sure beats all the years and years we watched cars 2-3 second a lap quicker struggle to make a pass... anywhere on the course! If DRS made passes as easy as everyone claims, you could simply fall back before the detection zone, use DRS and blow past 2 or 3 cars a lap.

But from what I've seen the reality is that the only cars DRS is assisting at all are cars that are without doubt already the quicker cars, being held up only by the terrible aero regulations currently in place. And even in that case there have been a lot of DRS zone passes that still took laps and laps to pull off... something that happened a lot before DRS as well.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    Is all the DRS whining and pouting still going on?
    Yes, because its a daft system :
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    Yes, because its a daft system :
    Surely, you mean it's a draft system?
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Surely, you mean it's a draft system?
    smarta$$
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    I dont think my interest in F1 has been so little in ages and I blame this on one thing - Artificial crap, horse dung that is DRS.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I especially don't like the fact that DRS can be used against backmarkers - it's just adding an extra element of randomness and luck for those doing the lapping.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    BBC Sport - Jacques Villeneuve tired of Formula 1 'borefest'

Finally - someone within the sport having the guts to criticise DRS - Jacques Villeneuve has gone up in my estimation here. Apologies if people outside the UK are unable to watch the video in the link (it's from the BBC website so they may have some restriction in place) but in a nutshell he says yes there's lots of overtaking but mostly before the braking zone in a straight, and you basically know it will happen so where's the excitement in that?

I must admit after making a bit of an effort at the start of the year (Australia wasn't too bad to be honest as the system didn't seem to cause any additional overtaking) I've zoned out and stopped watching altogether so I'll have to take his word for it as I've basically given up on F1 now (especially after watching some real racing at Le Mans a few weeks ago) - not that those in charge care as the influx of fair-weather, short-attention-spanned "fans" represents a net gain for their wallets.

Speaking of Villeneuves, can you imagine Jarama 1981 with this system in place? A classic would have become just another race.

Quote Originally Posted by V12
    BBC Sport - Jacques Villeneuve tired of Formula 1 'borefest'

Finally - someone within the sport having the guts to criticise DRS - Jacques Villeneuve has gone up in my estimation here. Apologies if people outside the UK are unable to watch the video in the link (it's from the BBC website so they may have some restriction in place) but in a nutshell he says yes there's lots of overtaking but mostly before the braking zone in a straight, and you basically know it will happen so where's the excitement in that?

I must admit after making a bit of an effort at the start of the year (Australia wasn't too bad to be honest as the system didn't seem to cause any additional overtaking) I've zoned out and stopped watching altogether so I'll have to take his word for it as I've basically given up on F1 now (especially after watching some real racing at Le Mans a few weeks ago) - not that those in charge care as the influx of fair-weather, short-attention-spanned "fans" represents a net gain for their wallets.

Speaking of Villeneuves, can you imagine Jarama 1981 with this system in place? A classic would have become just another race.
    I put the Daily News down about 30 minutes ago and in it was a short article about the JV view on F1 at the moment. The DRS issue is the first and probably only time that he and I will agree on something.

With regards to the Le Mans Series, I have gone from a casual follower of the series to full on fan. At the rate that the FIA is running F1 and the gimmicks revolution it is forcing on us, I may not be watching F1 next season after over 20 years.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Same here, including the JV part.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hate to be unoriginal - but I'm another to agree. Far too many people in the world of F1 are stuck up their own exhaust pipes, and can't see the wood for the trees. JV is right - none of the overtakes are a surprise.... I wonder what the next gimmick is?
    As others have said Sportscars/LMS/ILMC is 'proper' racing - and whilst not perfect with the Diesel/Petrol issue - it beats F1 by miles.