Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Hard luck on Nick today after looking as though he may get onto the 2nd or 3rd row.

But if you gamble on just one run, late in a session with both your cars like Renault did today, then your asking for trouble.

I know the tyres are on edge and to save sets is a big advantage, but its a bigger advantage to set a good time early and make it into Q3.

Still I think he should be very fast tomorrow, and with his high top speed we should see a great comeback race into the points.

I reckon Heidfeld will finish 5th or there abouts. Lets see if I'm right tomorrow. (He will now probably crash at the 1st corner).
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Renault is close to losing their P4 in WCC. I have to say that the car is probably better than recent results have indicated. Heidfeld has had some unluck on Saturdays, but he also keeps struggling over one lap like he did in 2008, hence losing ground. As for Petrov, while he has improved (this should be obvious since he doesn't crash everywhere like last year!), he is still too inconsistent and that even during a race weekend.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Renault is close to losing their P4 in WCC. I have to say that the car is probably better than recent results have indicated. Heidfeld has had some unluck on Saturdays, but he also keeps struggling over one lap like he did in 2008, hence losing ground. As for Petrov, while he has improved (this should be obvious since he doesn't crash everywhere like last year!), he is still too inconsistent and that even during a race weekend.
    They seem to have lost a bit of pace since the opening races. Maybe they don't have the resources to keep up development like the big 3 can?
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    They seem to have lost a bit of pace since the opening races. Maybe they don't have the resources to keep up development like the big 3 can?
    Possibly. I don't think the instability the team has experienced, helps either (changes in ownership, design team).

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    My boy Petrov really stunk up the joint yesterday. With Ferrari also struggling on the prime tires, and Nick unable to participate in qualifying, I wonder how much the lack of pace had to do with:

1) what tires they (Vitaly, Fred, and Felipe) had available to race with, and
    2) Renault and Ferrari being unable to get their cars to work at all on the primes.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze
    My boy Petrov really stunk up the joint yesterday. With Ferrari also struggling on the prime tires, and Nick unable to participate in qualifying, I wonder how much the lack of pace had to do with:

1) what tires they (Vitaly, Fred, and Felipe) had available to race with, and
    2) Renault and Ferrari being unable to get their cars to work at all on the primes.
    Both points are probably the case
    also Renault are simply not able to keep up the pace in terms of developments than mercedes, RBR, Mclaren and Ferrari
    But I do think they will have a better showing in Monaco and Canada

Force India were another team that seemed completely adrift on Sunday as well
    you can't argue with results.