Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Well done Nick, it was a very solid and experienced drive and when struggling for tyres towards the end, he didn't run wide and try to come back on track at full speed.

The experience telling over Petrov.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    It was 2010 Petrov all over again. I was rather hoping he was past that...

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Excellent comeback drive by Heidfeld. This race looked more like what either driver was expected to be this year. Heidfeld solid, consistent and getting good results, Petrov a bit behind and more error-prone.

To be honest, actually feels sort of unusual that someone, whose F1 career had already been written off and considered to be over, is suddenly back in business and on the podium. But perhaps it is a similar feeling that was about Button and Barrichello in 2009. :

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    I don't understand, why do you count practice sessions, it's a non-issue. It is 1-1 in qualifying, 1-0 in the race (still) and that's it.
    Hey man, you don't have to pay attention to this thread. But since there are a number of journalists (and fans online) who like to scrutinize every practice session and rubbish / praise drivers based on their performances in those practice sessions, I thought it would be good fun to keep track. My first post clearly says, tongue-in-cheek style, after Petrov led Nick in both FPs, "just let me enjoy this moment."

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    Great drive by Nick, and a very good drive by Vitaly until he decided to test the downforce jumping the car. That start Nick made was up there with some of the better moves made in recent seasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Interesting, Petrov and Heidfeld have set 3rd and 7th fastest time in the race and Vitaly being just 0.5sec slower than Webber despite his sloppy tactics and misfortunate Friday practice for him and Nick. Makes you wonder how fast they can go in Shanghai. Can't wait for the weekend
    \"Dopelar Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when you approach them quickly enough.\"

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm so happy for Nick after he was probably thinking about quitting F1 before Renault gave him the call. Today proved that he is kind to the tyres in addition to being one of the finest overtakers in F1. Great stuff from Renault, although Petrov should have been a bit more careful

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good comeback from Nick.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    That start Nick made was up there with some of the better moves made in recent seasons.
    That start was one of the best starts I've seen in a long time. It was so opportunistic, and yet so clever and clean... proper racing stuff.

I don't expect Nick to be retained once Robert is back, and after that, I don't expect any high-end team to be calling for his services either. This is it, this is Nick's last and final chance to get his win. I rate him higher than the likes of Truli and Kovalainen and Fisichella, and they have retired/will retire with the title of "Grand Prix winner" eternally attached to their name. Hopefully Nick can do the same.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aryan
    I don't expect Nick to be retained once Robert is back, and after that, I don't expect any high-end team to be calling for his services either.
    He could replace Mike or Rubens (not high end but still, some hope)...