Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts

Lotus Renault , or just Renault ?

Just came across an interesting advertisment in HomePower magazine .

"At Trina Solar , it's because of this shared passion for innovation that we've teamed up with the Renault F1 team , one of Formula One's most advanced teams ."

"Official sponsor of Renault F1 team" .

I don't see any Lotus there .
    I guess Trina Solar doesn't see any Lotus there either .
    Is the Lotus war already won ?

By the way , this is from the April/May 2011 issue .

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Because they are Renault. Lotus is only a sponsor.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Because they are Renault. Lotus is only a sponsor.
    Renault only owns a quarter of the team now , though , don't they ?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Neither Renault nor Lotus owns any shares in the F1 team based in Enstone. It is 100 percent owned by Genii Capital. Its official team name is Lotus Renault GP. Its official constructor name is Renault. End of story. So far.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    Neither Renault nor Lotus owns any shares in the F1 team based in Enstone. It is 100 percent owned by Genii Capital. Its official team name is Lotus Renault GP. Its official constructor name is Renault. End of story. So far.
    The ad , itself , features a three fifths of the page picture of a full yellow and black 2010 car , which I think is a bit curious in itself , as , with the season beginning shortly , and the issue being for April/May , in season , one might think of using the colours that will run this year .

It calls itself , at the bottom of the ad , "official sponsor of the Renault F1 team" .

That's not an official name , then , and the Renault F1 team no longer exists .
    And , Genii Capitol is nowhere to be seen , either .

This seems to me to be a sponsor deliberately avoiding the Lotus issue , by pointedly avoiding the official team name .

And , that seems a bit weird , unless it's a vote on the outcome of the upcoming hearings , in a way .
    If you lose the bet on which design is most likely , you need to redesign the ad , to depict your logo on the current car .

If Genii loses the bet on a pseudo JPS Lotus black car , it looks like Trina Solar thinks they will revert to the yellow and black Renault paint scheme of recent times .
    And , they may be right , as they will not , if they lose , want to essentially make tribute to the historic past of another team on the grid .

It looks like this sponsor thinks they will lose the bet .

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That, or the sponsor employs really sleazy people in the marketing department.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Now , curiously enough , I just went to the Trina Solar site , and it has a picture of the Black car .

They do have a nice shot from the mag , though , and I'm sure it could be changed in a flash .

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    That, or the sponsor employs really sleazy people in the marketing department.
    I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about here , Dr .

Do you imply that they might know something we don't ?
    And , that perhaps this has all been a marketting ploy ?

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    if you are a sponsor, you sponsor the constructor, not the other sponsors. you don't sponsor Vodafone Mclaren or Malboro Ferrari, so why would you say you sponsored Lotus Renault. you don't want to advertise someone else in your press saying you are sponsoring something
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    if you are a sponsor, you sponsor the constructor, not the other sponsors. you don't sponsor Vodafone Mclaren or Malboro Ferrari, so why would you say you sponsored Lotus Renault. you don't want to advertise someone else in your press saying you are sponsoring something
    Logic check .

They say they are sponsors of a team that no longer exists .
    It is Lotus Renault now .

And , they did advertise someone else in thier advertising ; Renault , who , by the way don't even own a team now .

When you buy naming rights , you have spent a pile , and you spent that pile so that they all would have to use your name when they mention the team .
    That's what you bought .