Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

Re: Please Mikko, something different this time!! (an open l

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    I can´t really understand how a guy doing top 5 times on stages is a never been. For sure he´s not the same as for 4-5 yrs ago, but still. As long as he performs he´s not a "lost soul" or a "never been".
    I agree with you. More than 60 podium in WRC, a lot of drivers dream about that.
    I'm french... so I speak english like a spanish cow ;)
    Pictures and more... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Montecar ... 7642699406

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts

I can´t really understand how a guy doing top 5 times on stages is a never been. For sure he´s not the same as for 4-5 yrs ago, but still. As long as he performs he´s not a "lost soul" or a "never been".
    He is a never been... he never became champion... only losers dream about podiums...

Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts

Well I always liked Mikko, and he has still a good pace, but he won't ever come back to the speed he had back then. He was definitely the fastest driver after Loeb in those years (or at least the one who was able to collect more points thanks to his consistency), he had the opportunity of a lifetime in 2009 and 2011, thanks also to mistakes/retirements by Loeb and Ogier. But unfortunately he didn't make it. I really see no way for him to be back to that level...

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    He is a never been... he never became champion... only losers dream about podiums...
    He´d become champion in 2009 if Ford had played the cards right.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts

I can't remember too much what rules were in place when, but I have a feeling that running order rules at one stage gave a big advantage to Mikko. I remember about Malcolm protesting to keep it that way to help his drivers (rather than have them compete on actual speed)

Quote Originally Posted by focus206
    Well I always liked Mikko, and he has still a good pace, but he won't ever come back to the speed he had back then. He was definitely the fastest driver after Loeb in those years (or at least the one who was able to collect more points thanks to his consistency), he had the opportunity of a lifetime in 2009 and 2011, thanks also to mistakes/retirements by Loeb and Ogier. But unfortunately he didn't make it. I really see no way for him to be back to that level...
    I see nothing wrong in what you´re saying, but the question was: is he a never been or a loser or even not worth a drive in WRC at the level he is at now?? For most of us here being viewers for decades he still deserves to be named as a top runner.

Quote Originally Posted by RS
    I can't remember too much what rules were in place when, but I have a feeling that running order rules at one stage gave a big advantage to Mikko. I remember about Malcolm protesting to keep it that way to help his drivers (rather than have them compete on actual speed)
    Edit: see below.

Quote Originally Posted by RS
    No, MAlcolm gave away Mikkos points letting JML finish ahead of Mikko and not giving teamorders as every other teams always has done. And Mikko lost two points or something like that. That year he lost the title with one point.

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by COD
    His Career should have over after the lame season in Subaru 2004, was slow and not very reliable the. He has been extremely lucky to have continued so long
    No. He was very fast when he joined Ford and even challenged Gronholm/Loeb some times... his spirit broke when he hit the iceberg called Loeb in 2010... from then on he is a lost soul.
    NO(T). At the time he made his bakthrough, he passed many faster drivers who could have achieved same or more than he did.nthat is why he has been extremely lucky

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts

His Career should have over after the lame season in Subaru 2004, was slow and not very reliable the. He has been extremely lucky to have continued so long
    No. He was very fast when he joined Ford and even challenged Gronholm/Loeb some times... his spirit broke when he hit the iceberg called Loeb in 2010... from then on he is a lost soul.
    NO(T). At the time he made his bakthrough, he passed many faster drivers who could have achieved same or more than he did.nthat is why he has been extremely lucky
    what more would someone else achieve ? who could have stopped the greatest of all times ? NONE

Hirvonen just lost his spirit after 2009... it was the end of him as a competitive driver... the only thing i do not like about him is that he quit trying after 2009... maybe he was afraid that he would end up like Gronholm, always trying to beat Loeb and always FAILED.