Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 years....

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts

10 years....

And there won't be another Intimidator according to Clint Bowyer http://bea4.v.fwmrm.net/ad/l/1?s=a10...tpos=&sr=0&cr=

Seems like he's right with this generation at least or because we have a high calibre of drivers now?

There's always at least a standout driver one generation to the next who's a racer and endears to the fans' hearts and importantly earn respect whether you're well liked or not.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    10 years... wow....
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow is right. That sure went fast...
    Plasma tv's are okay, but I'm holding out for whole blood. :vampire:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I know. My youngest was in diapers drinking from a sippy cup while I was watching that race, and now he's whippin my tail in video games! I miss the Intimidator, and I can only wonder how much of what is now messed up with the sport would have happened if he was still here, and conversely, how many more drivers would have died because of the lack of saftey features added because of his death.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I watched The Day: Remembering Dale Earnhardt on Thursday night. After putting all those painful memories on the back burner for years, it all came back for me. I took some odd comfort in seeing how palpable the pain and sorrow still is for those who knew him best. It was heart wrenching to watch Ken Schrader and Richard Childress relive the events of that day. I'll always be a Dale Earnhardt fan and I'll always miss him. I suspect other diehard fans of The Man will too.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    I watched the races after Daytona on YT, silence on the third lap and the '3 salute' from all the fans in the grandstands brought tears to my eyes at every race and will do so again.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    I watched the races after Daytona on YT, silence on the third lap and the '3 salute' from all the fans in the grandstands brought tears to my eyes at every race and will do so again.
    I was at Rockingham the next week. I finally made to my first race in person and my driver wasn't there. It was surreal. My seat,high up in the turn 1 grandstand was directly opposite the pit stall that the 3/29 car was pitting in. They still had the black Goodwrench pit boxes but the car was all white with black numbers, and Harvicks #2 AC/Delco pit sign from the Busch Series. I was there with a couple of buddies from work, and we were all fans of different drivers. Yet we were all crying like a bunch of babies when lap 3 came around (under caution due to Jr's wreck in turn 4, a head on into the wall looked very similar to his dad's the week before).

Every race there after, even though I was at home watching, I stood up and did the "3" fingered salute on lap 3.

I will do so again for the 500 this year even though I'll be at home.

We miss you Dale!
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1329
    I watched The Day: Remembering Dale Earnhardt on Thursday night. After putting all those painful memories on the back burner for years, it all came back for me. I took some odd comfort in seeing how palpable the pain and sorrow still is for those who knew him best. It was heart wrenching to watch Ken Schrader and Richard Childress relive the events of that day. I'll always be a Dale Earnhardt fan and I'll always miss him. I suspect other diehard fans of The Man will too.
    I watched it last night when they replayed it again. To see the always smiling and tough Ken Schrader tell the story of his side of things, you just could see his pain. The Waltrips, I think they are emotional enough they would cry at a supermarket opening so it was gut wrenching but you know they would be upset, being good guys. But Schrader and tough old RC tearing up...man that was tough....and then seeing the video of the tears on Chocolate Myers as Harvick won at Atlanta....

I wasn't a Dale Earnhardt fan. I cursed at him for his rough and nasty way of pushing people he couldn't always be bothered passing clean; but as he got older, I started to respect and love the old goat because you saw the love that everyone IN the sport still had for him. He was like the bad kid brother you have where you want to kill him half the time, but you cry a river because he is gone...and he was such a good man in private that I feel his loss in the sport. It really was ironic his last few weeks of life. Pickup and LOVING Sportscar racing (who knew he would?); his happiness in an interview on Fox 2 days before the race; his sacrificing a shot at a win so his protege and son could have a chance to win in HIS cars, while driving for someone else.....I mean, there was so much that went on in that show that pointed to a different and more loveable Dale (for those of us who were not really fans) that it made the shock of losing him that much worse....

Never in the history of any sport has the loss of a star been as changing as this one.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For those interested, the RPM2Night broadcast from February 18, 2001 is available in three parts on YouTube. Came across it last night.

I was in elementary school when it happened. It will always stand out as a weird moment in my life; I don't know what compelled me, but I had a bad feeling about the last lap of the race (perhaps it had been the Big One from earlier that had me uneasy; I don't know), so I left to help my mother with groceries and never saw it. I watched 199 laps but not that one. So strange.

I only saw the tail end of his career, but it was definitely different to not have him out there. Watching his resurgance in 2000 provided some great memories.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mister
    For those interested, the RPM2Night broadcast from February 18, 2001 is available in three parts on YouTube. Came across it last night.

I was in elementary school when it happened. It will always stand out as a weird moment in my life; I don't know what compelled me, but I had a bad feeling about the last lap of the race (perhaps it had been the Big One from earlier that had me uneasy; I don't know), so I left to help my mother with groceries and never saw it. I watched 199 laps but not that one. So strange.

I only saw the tail end of his career, but it was definitely different to not have him out there. Watching his resurgance in 2000 provided some great memories.
    Wow, Thanks for the Intel. I'm fixin to go try and watch it myself....I do remember Dr Jerry Punch crying on the air when I watched it live-I wanna see if my memory is right or was it another ESPN show a day or 2 later, But I could have sworn it was that night....