Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fuji International Speedway

I realise that this is an old video, but this accident took place at the Fuji speedway a few years back. Note the appalling help of the marshalls, the conditions in which the race was allowed to go ahead, and the speed of the pace car (much too fast).

Fuji is a circuit which doesn't exactly have the best record of safety and reaction by the marshalls, so I only hope that it will improve with the arrival of F1.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Maybe I'm being over sensitive, but we don't need the link to discuss safety. In heavy rain, and almost zero visibility these kind of accidents happen - look at Spa a few years back.

I am sure that with the new facilities at Fuji, the venue will be as safe as is possible. The one thing you can't legislate for is the weather, but F1 has dealt with those kind of conditions before.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    I wouldn't worry about safety in F1 now. Does anyone else think that the chicane in the new racetrack completely SUCKS? They couldn't have put an uglier circuit in such a beautiful location, in my opinion. Bring back Suzuka!