Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Well, that was a fun race. I'm not sure I care for that new wave-around rule, it makes it to easy for cars to get their laps back, and because of that, there was some rough driving, but it did make for a good finish.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Yeah, good race. My first experience of watching the 24 live and I enjoyed it immensely. And on a Brit centric note; the boys done good!
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Wasn't expecting that one!

2MB in finishing 4th! I was expecting 5th.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    It wasn't a bad race, but the finish is the same old, same old....Ganassi's prep of these cars is just above everyone elses, and they just get more out of that Riley chassis.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And the Riley seems to be the better chassis, too. At least @ Daytona.
    Plasma tv's are okay, but I'm holding out for whole blood. :vampire:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Yeah, good race. My first experience of watching the 24 live and I enjoyed it immensely. And on a Brit centric note; the boys done good!
    Watching it on tv is nice. One of these years, I have to attend. Looking at the stands, it seems like it would be an easy ticket to get ahold of.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by billiaml
    Watching it on tv is nice. One of these years, I have to attend. Looking at the stands, it seems like it would be an easy ticket to get ahold of.
    As always, there are only a few people in the grandstands, but lots in the infield. I'm going to attend in 2013, that will be the 40th anniversary of the first time I attended. Last time was 1993, and quite honestly, it's wasn't the best place to watch a road race. They had raised the fence around the track to where you had to look through it to see the infield. There isn't that much fence along the turns anyway, so the place isn't nearly as fan friendly as Sebring or Road Atlanta. That plus I may want to take a book to read during all the yellows.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    It wasn't a bad race, but the finish is the same old, same old....Ganassi's prep of these cars is just above everyone elses, and they just get more out of that Riley chassis.
    Watching the Gainsco guys taking their brakes apart really brought home. The pit reporter pointed out that Ganassi's team had full quick change sets of brakes, where the Stallings boys had to take theirs apart and fix them. When you consider that 10 of the 12 races are short and they probably don't have to change pads for Watkins Glen either, it makes sense to economize there, but if you want to win the 24 hour race, you need all the good parts.

Ganassi domination may be the Rolex series's achilles heel. If the other teams all figure out they've little chance at the top spot on the podium, they may very well find somewhere else to do their racing. And it's not like Grand Am attracts a lot of spectators anyway.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've been to a couple AMA Superbike races there in the past, so I kind of know my way around the paddock area -- which is where I'd spend as much time as possible. Plus I like to go to drag races and have lots of practice finding something to do while they stop the race to clean up a mess on the track -- lol.

On the other hand, the Sebring 12-hour & Petit Le Mans @ Road Atlanta are on my "bucket list," too.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Rolex may have been the best all-star event of the weekend. Indy 500 and Daytona 500 champions on one team, the 5-time Sprint Cup champion racing, the play-by-play man for the Beeb's F1 coverage, just can't say enough of how the organisation finds the best drivers to race. And if that's not enough, race fans can run (on foot) the course early on Saturday morning and earn a race ticket by crossing the finish line.
    In Christ,
    Bobby

Deuteronomy 31:6-8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Excellent points, Bobby -- and all reasons that the race is on my bucket list.